DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my Mini, Need Help Analyzing Flight Data

Sorry to be reviving this old thread but I thought of updating the community, for what it is worth.

I just got a call from the dealer this afternoon (not 5 minutes ago so the news is as fresh as it gets) and I was told that my replacement Mavic Mini has arrived at their shop.

I had to fumble through my Mavic Mini stuff and charge the controller and batteries. Hope the hibernation did not damage these.

I will going to the dealer this coming Tuesday, 16 February to pick up the drone, bind the drone to the controller, and test this at their premises.

All is well that ends well even if this saga took almost 3 months. Thumbswayup

It will just be icing on the cake now if somebody finds my old Mini, returns it to me and it still works. I have not given up hope of getting this back someday ?

A final update.

Finally got my replacement Mavic Mini yesterday. Updated the aircraft firmware and flew it. Used the latest Fly App also.

Test flight was all good. No issues so far.

Still can't handle the winds here very well unlike the MA2 ? Of course, range is a no brainer comparison. But still a fun drone to fly.

Also, I finally got to apply the skin I ordered last year yet. Glad this did not go to waste.

Looks good on the MMini as you can see from the pic.

Thumbswayup ;)

Attachments

• Mavic Mini with DG Cybernetik Skin (16Feb2021).jpg
    Mavic Mini with DG Cybernetik Skin (16Feb2021).jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 16
Your flight data looks like this:

You flew the Mini out 2800 ft, took it up to 640 ft.
At 10:37.3 you started bringing it down with full stick in Sport Mode.
At 10:47 (558 ft up), something goes wrong and the Mini starts spinning anti-clockwise.
The spinning speeds up and the descent speed increases from 3 m/s (normal max descent speed) to 9 m/s and the Mini is tumbling.

The data stops at 11:02.3 (146 ft up).

As power stayed on for most of the fall, it appears that the incident was due to either the loss of a motor or a prop.

The wreckage should be fairly close to 14.19074 121.07110
This is awesome! I am a total newbie drone pilot, but have flown Cessnas a bit and am picking it up fast. I put the DJI care package on both my Air 2 and Mini 2, because I know I'm going to use it!

So far, all my crashes have been pilot error, but it's so cool to know that if they glitch out or if something mechanical does go wrong, you get to find out what happened.

Reactions: msinger
This is awesome!...
...my Air 2 and Mini 2...
...if something mechanical does go wrong, you get to find out what happened.
Bear in mind that in order to being able to use the logs stored in the mobile device you fly with (the .TXT & the .DAT log)
we are dependent on that they can be decrypted ... otherwise it's mainly only DJI that can read them.

For both the MA2 & the Mini2 we are having some difficulties with just that for the moment ...

MA2:
All mobile device .TXT logs produced by a DJI FLY app version above 1.2.1 can't be read by other means than through Airdata.com. The mobile device .DAT log is still readable by means of various methods though ...

Mini2:
All mobile device .TXT logs produced by a DJI FLY app version above 1.2.1 can't be read by other means than through Airdata.com. The mobile device .DAT log is also encrypted & can't be read by others than DJI.

So in other words ... the possibility to investigate the flight logs from the above drone models are somewhat crippled right now ...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78