DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

crashed out of the sky. No warning. SPLASH

Idaband

Reactions
So I was flying at 145ft. Video stopped and it fell from the sky. I was close enough that I could hear the props all cutting the water before it sank. So I have no clue what would cause this. Air data shows everything was good...then with no warning it fell from the sky.

Is there any reason this should have happened?

So I was flying at 145ft. Video stopped and it fell from the sky. I was close enough that I could hear the props all cutting the water before it sank. So I have no clue what would cause this. Air data shows everything was good...then with no warning it fell from the sky.

Is there any reason this should have happened?
Post a link to your Airdata report and perhaps someone can look into it.

There's nothing obvious showing up in your flight data.
You had plenty of juice in the battery and were flying around, without any crzy manouevres, descending and at 140 ft, the data just stops.
There was no collision, which would have shown in the pitch and roll data.

It looks like a case of sudden total loss of power, which could have been caused by a rare hardware fault or a dislodged battery.
It's not possible to tell which.

Sorry for your loss. Hope you have insurance or DJI refresh.

Clear day.

People were speculating the military took it out since I was close to a base.

For insurance, you have to u pair the remote before sending. And should I return the battery too?

Agree. I have to assume software issue? I heard the props cutting the water... So they were still running. I was near a warning area for lower altitude.

My speculation is the warning message made it think it needed to land but a bug caused it to think that and stop recording data too lol... I don't really know.

The thing that gets me it was about 4ft under water with lights still on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR