DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed the mavic

TopHatPlus

Reactions
Crashed her good, was in a hydro cut and try to gain altitude to get over a bundle of hydro wires, mis judged the wires and flew right up into the them. Drone fell 50~ feet into a bush. Bent the gimbal so it was hitting the plate it mounted to and broke a prop. Very gently bent the metal plate the gimbal hangs on enough the gimbal clears no issues, gimbal was re calibrated with no issues, replaced the broken prop and it flies fine. The only thing i am noticing and I'm not sure what I'm experiencing but with sport mode off the drone appears to fly like its on but with the speed.

With sport mode off the drone is someone sluggish feeling, stops instantly, never banks hard and it really compliant for pan and smooth video shots.

Sport mode on its just an animal, wonders a bit and doesn't stop on a dime it kind of coasts to a stop.

My current experience is a combo. It maxes at 32 km/h but it banks hard, the sticks are EXTREMELY sensitive like theres 100% gain or 0% and it wonders a lot when i just let off the sticks.

I believe sport mode was on when i crashed.

Is there a reset, recalibration or something i need to do.

I recalibrate the compass every flight, i had 18 satellites, and i was in the middle of nowhere so electrical interferences is not a thing.

Let me know!

Drone footage starts at 9 minutes -

I was in a Can am Maverick X3 going through the deep water while flying the drone for the first battery. Crashed setting up the second battery.

Reactions: go fast
I think i figured it out.

IMU re calibrated
Controller
joysticks
gimbal

added the PGYtech landing gear extensions with LED lights on it and took it for a test flight. Was 100% as unbelievably precise as i could ask for.

Reactions: go fast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dtcexpress1