DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Crater Lake QLD

Geofff

Reactions
Rising 200m above a broad cultivated valley, is an extinct volcano, Mount Le Brun, which contains two large craters which occasionally fill with shallow lakes. Formed more than 600,000 years ago, the mountain is one of the youngest volcanic formations in Australia.

20230316 Crater Lakes Coalstoun Lakes (2).JPG

Awesome photo!

Reactions: Geofff
I agree. Lovely pic and well exposed. How nice to be able to fly freely. Just about to pop over to the US and it is not the easiest of places to drone around. Mind you it’s not brilliant here either!

How nice to be able to fly freely.

It is !! (Still.)
Even visitors can just come here and fly recreational to CASA rules, and various State rules for National Parks etc.
A few states allow Nat Pk flight, like Queensland, Western Australia, and the NT (NT with a simple free permit).

We have drone registration coming for rec pilots Australia wide, but it has been mooted for several years to be coming in by X date, always pushed off.

Right now it's down for mid year 2023, not sure they will get this off the ground this time either, as it's only a few months away.
We will likely just have drone registration for 250g or more in size, thus I can see Mini size drones will become a lot more popular here in the near future.

It is !! (Still.)
Even visitors can just come here and fly recreational to CASA rules, and various State rules for National Parks etc.
A few states allow Nat Pk flight, like Queensland, Western Australia, and the NT (NT with a simple free permit).

We have drone registration coming for rec pilots Australia wide, but it has been mooted for several years to be coming in by X date, always pushed off.

Right now it's down for mid year 2023, not sure they will get this off the ground this time either, as it's only a few months away.
We will likely just have drone registration for 250g or more in size, thus I can see Mini size drones will become a lot more popular here in the near future.
Good luck with lack of drone regs! The Mini route may well be my way forward as the Mrs is not happy with me forking out £1000 plus every 2/3 years for a new updated drone and the Minis with all the bells and whistles are a lot cheaper and lighter.

Says its extinct but wont fly over? Hmmmmm. Jokes, cool photo.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d