DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crazy lady tried to recruit me...

Dragon7

Reactions
Earlier this year I was flying my MP over a river (checked for boats first) and I was standing on a foot bridge so I got a better view. A lady towing a shopping trolley comes up to me and starts a conversation. My heart sinks, I think that I'm about to get a complaint about flying drones.

But no she says "what do geese think of your drone" so I reply that I generally avoid them because they are much bigger and hang around in flocks.

Then she say "that's a shame, I was hoping you could come to my local park and chase the geese off with your drone." So I tried to explain that chasing geese might make some people happy but in general it was not the sort of thing I would do.

Some companies do use similar tactics to chase birds, but they have permission and are getting paid. My office is across from where a major name company had part of their complex. The area across from me was dismantled and they put grass in. The problem was the birds, mainly seagulls loved it. Worried about bird diseases, they hired a company to try to remove them. I saw they used balloons and RC fixed wing aircraft.

Earlier this year I was flying my MP over a river (checked for boats first) and I was standing on a foot bridge so I got a better view. A lady towing a shopping trolley comes up to me and starts a conversation. My heart sinks, I think that I'm about to get a complaint about flying drones.

But no she says "what do geese think of your drone" so I reply that I generally avoid them because they are much bigger and hang around in flocks.

Then she say "that's a shame, I was hoping you could come to my local park and chase the geese off with your drone." So I tried to explain that chasing geese might make some people happy but in general it was not the sort of thing I would do.

Geese harassment using dogs at golf courses and other places is a big business.

I know one town that pays 20K a year for 5 hours of dog service a week.

this guy got 30K for one summers work

Home

Last edited:
Reactions: KeithLa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky