DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crazy lady!

I fly drones and enjoy it. But I don't want to be the receiving end of a drone accident. If I got it correctly, the lady had her own right, concern and complaint though she should not have cursed you. In public (like parks), being considerate is a good manner. It may not be good for us as hobbyists if she really called the cops.

By Murphy's law...

I disagree. People who are irrational in their complaints should not have their actions reinforced. If the pilot was in the right, a police officer would support his right to fly. I have had police called on me and the police always supported me in the incident. Caving to irrational people is giving them incentive to continue bad behavior. Original poster was spot on in my opinion.

i was flying an inspire 2 a while back, draining the batteries for a flight to NYC for a shoot (didnt want fully charged batteries on the flight). A local guy and his wife came by all fired up that i was "spying", and called me a child pervert 3 times.

I asked him how many times he would allow someone to call HIM a pedophile before he knocked the other guy out, and to choose his next words wisely.

He got the picture.

i was flying an inspire 2 a while back, draining the batteries for a flight to NYC for a shoot (didnt want fully charged batteries on the flight). A local guy and his wife came by all fired up that i was "spying", and called me a child pervert 3 times.

I asked him how many times he would allow someone to call HIM a pedophile before he knocked the other guy out, and to choose his next words wisely.

He got the picture.

Too funny..

I was asked to film a Easter egg event for kids (using my MP). I politely declined because of how some people are reacting these days.

Searched for a bit but couldn’t find anything. I wouldn’t have any concerns about this being real. Sounds like a journo that had nothing else to write about.

Here's one example I found.
I couldn't find the beach one though.
This is from the Sydney Daily Telegraph

PARENTS are being told that if they want to take pictures of their kids playing junior sport they need to spend up to $80 to register for a “media pass”.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the Canterbury-Bankstown District Junior Rugby League competition is insisting on the licence — which includes applying for a Working With Children Check.

They are then issued with a photo ID and allowed to take snaps of their own children. Other parents are supposed to act as watchdogs if parents are taking images without a pass

Cops called on me while flying for official business. People are just too paranoid and don't want to learn about the regulations regarding drones.

Maybe the guy who called the police don't have drone :D

My neighbors wife has told me that if I fly over her she's going to "get the girls out" but hasn't come good on her promise yet.
Her husband has since bought a P4 himself.

You had better get your girls ready.. lol

Still if it is not enclosed and roofed ghey have no expectation of privacy.

I would say by imposing some rules to gain a little expected privacy would be a good place to start. But I dont know how things work down under. People would probably just ignore the rules because they are jerks. Just like here in the USA.
I have seen a few surveillance videos on you tube of guys robbing gas stations with rakes and sticks in Australia LOL! I guess you have to improvise where you cant get guns. But I guess I find it a bit funny :D

I would say by imposing some rules to gain a little expected privacy would be a good place to start. But I dont know how things work down under. People would probably just ignore the rules because they are jerks. Just like here in the USA.
I have seen a few surveillance videos on you tube of guys robbing gas stations with rakes and sticks in Australia LOL! I guess you have to improvise where you cant get guns. But I guess I find it a bit funny :D

They're all using knives now.
Next thing we'll all have to hand in our carving knives and eat with our fingers.

I just tend to fly my drone away from crowded places. I actually enjoy flying in an open space specifically like farms and other places that only you can see trees, plants, mountains, and rivers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO