DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crazy lady!

All laws are made to protect us from the .01% ******** on this planet. Because of that small minority we all have to suffer the pains of stupid laws... IMHO!
Good grief! Don't y'all have representative government where you get to have a say-so on these things?
I hear stuff from Australia and GB that really make me wonder how the powers that be got to be so overbearing and onerous.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Not siding the “crazy lady” but lets reverse the situation. You see a man in a parking lot flying a drone over a public pool. Would you think that it was a parent taking videos of his son or would you think otherwise? If that pilot tells you “im a parent and im taking videos of my son” would you take his word straight away?

I cant blame the “crazy lady”. If you want videos of your son swimming. Rent the whole pool or better yet buy your own pool and record all you want. Until then, stop defending yourself and saying youre not doin anything wrong and only taking videos of your son coz at that time, youre the only one who can see that youre only taking videos of your son, for all the “crazy lady” knows, youre taking vidoes of everthing whilst youre up there.

Wow! Don't stick up for your own rights, just give in to the whackos who have no ideas what is legal & what is not ! ... Just sayin'...

Reactions: CarsonV123
Good grief! Don't y'all have representative government where you get to have a say-so on these things?
I hear stuff from Australia and GB that really make me wonder how the powers that be got to be so overbearing and onerous.

LOL! Luckily in the USA we have the US Constitution from which all laws must conform too... (Well, in most cases anyway!)

LOL! Luckily in the USA we have the US Constitution from which all laws must conform too... (Well, in most cases anyway!)
Ahhh we have our fair share of nannies here too. FAA wanting to scrap 336 and such, rangers ticketing people for flying over state parks and such (in spite of it being legal), municipalities creating illegal arbitrary laws to restrict drones... it's an epidemic really. But having to have a card to prove you work with kids to photo your own kids.... that's daft.

LOL! Now if you were standing at poolside using your phone to photograph your son she would not have said a word to you. Some uninformed folks think drones have some magical ability to see more than they want you to see... or something... I guess... but they don't hesitate to harass you...

If youre standing on the poolside and taking photos of your kid, youre obviously pointing that camera to your kid yeah? If a drone flies anywhere near you, only the pilot knows exactly what the drone sees. Dont ever forget that.

In a way, you are absolutely correct and perfectly contradicting yourself at the same time. Drones do have some “magical” ability to see more than you want to see. Isnt that the main reason why we all have it?

Last edited:
Wow! Don't stick up for your own rights, just give in to the whackos who have no ideas what is legal & what is not ! ... Just sayin'...

I thought I CLEARLY stated on my first comment that im not siding nor blaming the “crazy lady”, Im sorry if something that small confuses you.

I just see where shes coming from...Just sayin’...

Last edited:
It's human nature to sink to one's lowest level of fear. By default, that's what our minds are wired for and do. In the case of this lady, she imagined a sexual pervert using a drone (-which in itself is a mystery, and therefore something to be feared). By the time that she got to you, all of that negativeness gushed out into an almost rage. What could you have done?

I would, first, have asked if she would mind if you brought your drone back safely before talking with her so that you could give her your full attention. Then (-after landing) I would have just listened to her (-Let her vent her feelings). Then tell her that you understood how she felt, and that you were photographing your son/daughter from a different angle, and that you were proud of their accomplishments! Then you could mention the legality of the flight, with a follow-up of "Do you still think that what I'm doing is wrong?" The idea here is to develop a two-way conversation. If she returned to cursing, I would ask her to please express herself without profanity, as it was against your beliefs. If no progress then, I would apologetically say that you would respectfully have to disagree, but thank her for her slant on the activity. -Perhaps even with a conciliatory rejoinder that you would get a written approval from the facility before the next practice.

How about an actual lawyer's take on things. This is what I carry with me to show to sanctimonious people trying to quote what they think is the law. Even cops do not necessarily know the law.

Bert P. Krages - Attorney at Law
I carry the same document along with the vest. And yes, many cops are oblivious, especially when you start citing FAA FARs. Most of my experience with LE has been very positive

Today was my son's last day of swimming lessons and it was all play time. I figured I would catch some video of him going down the slide ext. I was outside the pool area in the city park (right outside of pool in parking lot, VFR) while my wife stayed with my son inside the swim park. About half way through a crazy lady came up and said she didn't appreciate me flying my drone where children are. I was very polite and explained I am recording my son who is at swim class then she started saying you're a ******* pervert get the *** out of here ext.. Again I politely told her this is a city park, I'm recording "my son", everything I am doing is legal and that if she has a issue with it call the police. She proceeded to curse me out for the next 5 minutes and I just ignored her occasionally saying call the police.
This lady didnt even have a child in the swim class because I know all of the parents who are and have attended the class for the past 3 years.
Anyways I figured I would share my crazy lady story. Got some great shots despite having her cussing at me.

You should have called the cops on her for harassing you. These people like this woman think they can do anything they want. She probably would be one of the ones protesting someone trying to exercise their freedom speech because she doesn't like what you are saying. The world has gone crazy not just this women.

You should have called the cops on her for harassing you. These people like this woman think they can do anything they want. She probably would be one of the ones protesting someone trying to exercise their freedom speech because she doesn't like what you are saying. The world has gone crazy not just this women.
Guarantee that she is one of this that love the current way of doing politics from the white house.

Reactions: wytnyt
Guarantee that she is one of this that love the current way of doing politics from the white house.
sadly theres alot of these

It was in the Courier Mail a couple of weeks ago.
If you search their site you should find it.
Searched for a bit but couldn’t find anything. I wouldn’t have any concerns about this being real. Sounds like a journo that had nothing else to write about.

Searched for a bit but couldn’t find anything. I wouldn’t have any concerns about this being real. Sounds like a journo that had nothing else to write about.

That may well be the case mate.
They print so many misleading headlines it's hard to tell where the truth is.
If I come across it again I'll post the link.

I carry the same document along with the vest. And yes, many cops are oblivious, especially when you start citing FAA FARs. Most of my experience with LE has been very positive

I always carry my CASA paperwork in my drone case just in case.
Haven't had to pull it out but it's probably only a matter of time.
Most people I run into are more interested in how everything works and looking at the screen than anything else.

I have read some stories here of people having run ins with the anti drone crazy people but never figured I would be one them.
So many people are afraid of what they don't know or understand. In this case, the lady is probably dealing with a mental health issue.

Today was my son's last day of swimming lessons and it was all play time. I figured I would catch some video of him going down the slide ext. I was outside the pool area in the city park (right outside of pool in parking lot, VFR) while my wife stayed with my son inside the swim park. About half way through a crazy lady came up and said she didn't appreciate me flying my drone where children are. I was very polite and explained I am recording my son who is at swim class then she started saying you're a ******* pervert get the *** out of here ext.. Again I politely told her this is a city park, I'm recording "my son", everything I am doing is legal and that if she has a issue with it call the police. She proceeded to curse me out for the next 5 minutes and I just ignored her occasionally saying call the police.
This lady didnt even have a child in the swim class because I know all of the parents who are and have attended the class for the past 3 years.
Anyways I figured I would share my crazy lady story. Got some great shots despite having her cussing at me.

I appreciate what you are doing but there are people out there too we don't have their minds something that they are judgmental. Next time try to avoid this kind of situation just to secure that nothing will be break upon the rules.

Yes, think of the children…when these kids grow up I’ll be amazed if they know how to feed themselves or interact with strangers without their parents around.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji