DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crazy lady!

That's what I thought. Hope you have plenty of film in your camera.

Question: If you were at , say 300 or 400 feet and you flew over someone, is that the same?

Afraid so.
The law used to be that you couldn't fly over a "populous area" but due to confusion as to what constituted "populous" CASA decided it was one person.

The fact is any undesirables are more likely to be hiding than out in plain sight with their cameras.
So this...that's probably true.

BTW: I feel that placing blame on the gov't or on "society" for getting "all politically correct" is misplacing the anger. The problem is the predators, who are far more prevalent than we used to believe. They are the ones ruining it for everyone else. They're the one causing the reaction. Unfortunately, in an imperfect world, you need to err on the side of protection - which means a minority can ruin things for others. That's just the way it is. Saying, "It's not bad enough to warrant that" isn't going to protect anyone. At least people are now aware of the problem, and pedophiles no longer have an ignorant public to operate among. Has it become too much? Probably. But I'd rather deal with it being over the top than not enough. Just my opinion.

So this...that's probably true.

BTW: I feel that placing blame on the gov't or on "society" for getting "all politically correct" is misplacing the anger. The problem is the predators, who are far more prevalent than we used to believe. They are the ones ruining it for everyone else. They're the one causing the reaction. Unfortunately, in an imperfect world, you need to err on the side of protection - which means a minority can ruin things for others. That's just the way it is. Saying, "It's not bad enough to warrant that" isn't going to protect anyone. At least people are now aware of the problem, and pedophiles no longer have an ignorant public to operate among. Has it become too much? Probably. But I'd rather deal with it being over the top than not enough. Just my opinion.

You're right there.
I don't think they're any more prevalent as such.
Given the increased population it's probably the same percentage as years ago but the public is now more aware of them and yes prevention is much better than the other option.

Cops called on me while flying for official business. People are just too paranoid and don't want to learn about the regulations regarding drones.

I loved this video, the professional response and engagement. Even more, loved how to police handled it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drgnfli and Pietros
"Get the girls out". That's what I thought. Hope you have plenty of film in your camera.
I just think it's pretty ironic that we don't want people to think all drone pilots are pervs, and yet we have comments like this.
Not trying to point directly at Fried_Eagle or be offensive. I just find it strange that some time people view one thing as OK and another is not, yet they are are kinda similar.

Reactions: Opabob
Drones aside down here they're about to pass a law making it illegal to take pics of your own kids at the beach unless you have a blue card.
A blue card is what you need to work with children.
Thanks to a few "undesirables" and political correctness gone crazy we all suffer.
What is your source for this information?

Last summer I was using two 3dr Solo's. I would charge all 6 of my batteries before my wife and i would go out to do any filming, upon retuning home, if I didnt fly all the batteries, I had a pre-set automated run on the 2nd Solo (wich has no camera or gimbal) that would zip around my 3/4 acre yard boundrys to bring the battery power to near 50% then land automatically.(Solo doesnt have auto battery discharge like DJI)
So just like many times before, I was standing in my back yard while flying Solo #2 to run a full battery down, well suddenly I hear this woman yelling at me from my fence gate "HEY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME, I KNOW YOUR SPYING ON ME, BLA BLA BLA, WAIT TILL I TELL MY HUSBAND, BLA BLA"
So as she is spouting all this and that off, all the while standing on my property, I quickly land it and attempt to show her that its impossible to be watching you because it has no camera. She just would not listen to me and kept yelling and freaking out, even after showing her the drone has no camera. I tried to explain to her how I was discharging 2 bateries. She finally stormed off and I followed her through my gate to my front yard , all the while she was bitching this and that about me supposedly spying on her. Well once I follow her out to front yard I see she has a bicycle parked on the sidewalk and she gets on and continues to rant as she drives off down the street. Some people are very freaked out by these things, it was insane. Turns out she lives down at the end of our street and just happened to be driving her bike by when she seen the drone, who knows. Since then, I have been more aware of the cars constantly coming and going from that house, I believe she has something going on she dont want to get caught doing, who knows, crazy.....So thats my crazy lady experience...

Reactions: CarsonV123
Last summer I was using two 3dr Solo's. I would charge all 6 of my batteries before my wife and i would go out to do any filming, upon retuning home, if I didnt fly all the batteries, I had a pre-set automated run on the 2nd Solo (wich has no camera or gimbal) that would zip around my 3/4 acre yard boundrys to bring the battery power to near 50% then land automatically.(Solo doesnt have auto battery discharge like DJI)
So just like many times before, I was standing in my back yard while flying Solo #2 to run a full battery down, well suddenly I hear this woman yelling at me from my fence gate "HEY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME, I KNOW YOUR SPYING ON ME, BLA BLA BLA, WAIT TILL I TELL MY HUSBAND, BLA BLA"
So as she is spouting all this and that off, all the while standing on my property, I quickly land it and attempt to show her that its impossible to be watching you because it has no camera. She just would not listen to me and kept yelling and freaking out, even after showing her the drone has no camera. I tried to explain to her how I was discharging 2 bateries. She finally stormed off and I followed her through my gate to my front yard , all the while she was bitching this and that about me supposedly spying on her. Well once I follow her out to front yard I see she has a bicycle parked on the sidewalk and she gets on and continues to rant as she drives off down the street. Some people are very freaked out by these things, it was insane. Turns out she lives down at the end of our street and just happened to be driving her bike by when she seen the drone, who knows. Since then, I have been more aware of the cars constantly coming and going from that house, I believe she has something going on she dont want to get caught doing, who knows, crazy.....So thats my crazy lady experience...
Most likely she have some type of schizophrenia going on because that honestly is not a normal or regular behavior and have some issues with drones or RC flying aircrafts.

She sounds like one of many functional crazies that roam around with mental agendas. What’s even crazier is how she’ll say that you’re a pedo in hopes of stirring up a mob. She knew enough not to call the police. Maybe you caught her cheating on her husband lol.

In my case above, Im pretty sure these people are selling dope? I think all these people that freak out are worried they will be exposed for something they are doing..

I just think it's pretty ironic that we don't want people to think all drone pilots are pervs, and yet we have comments like this.
Not trying to point directly at Fried_Eagle or be offensive. I just find it strange that some time people view one thing as OK and another is not, yet they are are kinda similar.

It's a given. Any time someone says. "I don't want to offend you but"....the very next words out of their mouths are offensive.
The chances are that anyone other than a drone guy would read this forum are slim to none. You need to chill out. It was funny. I am sorry you didn't see that.

Today was my son's last day of swimming lessons and it was all play time. I figured I would catch some video of him going down the slide ext. I was outside the pool area in the city park (right outside of pool in parking lot, VFR) while my wife stayed with my son inside the swim park. About half way through a crazy lady came up and said she didn't appreciate me flying my drone where children are. I was very polite and explained I am recording my son who is at swim class then she started saying you're a ******* pervert get the *** out of here ext.. Again I politely told her this is a city park, I'm recording "my son", everything I am doing is legal and that if she has a issue with it call the police. She proceeded to curse me out for the next 5 minutes and I just ignored her occasionally saying call the police.
This lady didnt even have a child in the swim class because I know all of the parents who are and have attended the class for the past 3 years.
Anyways I figured I would share my crazy lady story. Got some great shots despite having her cussing at me.
Good story sir Thanx...nothing like a little drama...lol

She said it in jest and most people can see that.
She wasn't accusing me of perving.

It's a given. Any time someone says. "I don't want to offend you but"....the very next words out of their mouths are offensive.
The chances are that anyone other than a drone guy would read this forum are slim to none. You need to chill out. It was funny. I am sorry you didn't see that.
I was definitely not trying to be offensive. I was pointing out the irony of it, but since I quoted your post, I didn't want you to think I was pointing my fingers directly at you and accusing you of something.

I am pretty sure Phill's neighbour's wife said it in jest. But that's the stereotype isn't it?

When I am flying at a large open park, with very few people around, anyone passing by can see I was just flying my drone for fun. They are more polite when they approach me, and if they want to have chat, it is usually asking about the specs, what it can do and how much it cost. But if you do it in a neighbourhood, with nearby houses or children's playground or local swimming centre, some people just assumes the worst. Just coming out of my house with my drone, and telling a neighbour that I am just going to fly my drone, they might, in jest, ask "you aren't doing any naughty, are you?". You might laugh it off, but doesn't annoy you if it happens a lot?

I was definitely not trying to be offensive. I was pointing out the irony of it, but since I quoted your post, I didn't want you to think I was pointing my fingers directly at you and accusing you of something.

I am pretty sure Phill's neighbour's wife said it in jest. But that's the stereotype isn't it?

When I am flying at a large open park, with very few people around, anyone passing by can see I was just flying my drone for fun. They are more polite when they approach me, and if they want to have chat, it is usually asking about the specs, what it can do and how much it cost. But if you do it in a neighbourhood, with nearby houses or children's playground or local swimming centre, some people just assumes the worst. Just coming out of my house with my drone, and telling a neighbour that I am just going to fly my drone, they might, in jest, ask "you aren't doing any naughty, are you?". You might laugh it off, but doesn't annoy you if it happens a lot?
This is why I prefer to fly in parks or remote location like in the forrest or lakes but never around my house or neighborhood. There too many people that still don't understand drones and even if you try to explain or invite them, they will course you off like the drone is made by the devil, it's crazy.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Whether you are right or wrong, flying near or annoying people will bring an end to our hobby. Eventually politicians and authorities will restrict us more and more until prohibit it completely, same as national parks did. I myself avoid flying many times when I get the smallest sense that I’ll distract someone.
Yesterday I was in amazing pond in my area, wanted to fly but it was so quit there! (They do not allow engine boats) , I gave up. Did not want to be the noisy guy , breaking the peace...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost