DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crazy lady!

She proceeded to curse me out for the next 5 minutes and I just ignored her occasionally saying call the police.
This lady didnt even have a child in the swim class because I know all of the parents who are and have attended the class for the past 3 years.
Anyways I figured I would share my crazy lady story. Got some great shots despite having her cussing at me.

You should have called the police yourself, and taken video of her harassing you (and gotten a shot of her license plate).

I never flew over the pool or anyone.. I stayed at the fence line and all my video was aimed at my child. As I said it was legal what I did. My son wanted drone video of him going down the slide and swimming.
If you're so concerned about video of children swimming we should pass laws to collect all phones prior to entry at swimming locations because there is not a day that goes by that some parent takes a video of their child swimming. I was simply using a drone instead of a cellphone.

That's the point here that it was more about the drone because if I had been standing at the side of the pool recording with my cellphone this crazy chick wouldn't of said anything.

I have been flying rc aircraft for more than 30 years mainly airplanes and I have owned a few helicopters. Never have I witnessed such childish behavior and down right hatred for the hobby until flying drones.

Last edited:
People these days are oversensitive asshats. Everyone with a drone is a pedophile or a peeping Tom. Every kid with a squirt gun is a Columbine-style school shooter. You can't bring an aspirin to school because of the anti-drug policy. Some people really need to get their ***** kicked. :D

I never flew over the pool or any one.. I stayed at the fence line and all my video was aimed at my child. As I said it was legal what I did. My son wanted drone video of him going down the slide and swimming.
If you're so concerned about video of children swimming we should pass laws to collect all phones prior to entry at swimming locations because there is not a day that goes by that some parent takes a video of their child swimming. I was simply using a drone instead of a cellphone.

That's the point here that it was more about the drone because if I had been standing at the side of the pool recording with my cellphone this crazy chick wouldn't of said anything.

I have been flying rc aircraft for more than 30 years mainly airplanes and I have owned a few helicopters. Never have I witnessed such childish behavior and down right hatred for the sport until flying drones.
I'm not sure why some jumped to the conclusion you were flying over people. I knew exactly what you meant and how you were probably flying!

Your comment about cell phones at the pool is spot on.

If someone got their phone out and started taking pictures in our local swimming pools, the staff/management would be onto them straight away to stop it. There are signs up warning that photography is not allowed. Didn't realise the UK was different in that respect.

Reactions: Phill
If someone got their phone out and started taking pictures in our local swimming pools, the staff/management would be onto them straight away to stop it. There are signs up warning that photography is not allowed. Didn't realise the UK was different in that respect.

Drones aside down here they're about to pass a law making it illegal to take pics of your own kids at the beach unless you have a blue card.
A blue card is what you need to work with children.
Thanks to a few "undesirables" and political correctness gone crazy we all suffer.

Reactions: Drgnfli
I am so glad I live in Texas. If someone gets a camera out to take a picture of their kids; or, anyone else's for that matter, everyone asks for a copy.

Reactions: CarsonV123

That's what I thought. Hope you have plenty of film in your camera.

Flying over just one person here in Oz is illegal according to CASA.
Fine is $10,500.
Sometimes I wish we had your laws and others I'm glad we don't.
No consistency between the two.
Question: If you were at , say 300 or 400 feet and you flew over someone, is that the same?

One, its a drone, near people...
Two, any old man with a camera out in the parking lot photographing kids in bathers, would piss most people off...
I'm not saying that the lady was right, but the outcome would be hardly unexpected IMHO.

Well, that's 'cause all you aussies' are perverts. :) Here everyone takes pictures non stop. Baseball, football, soccer, swimming, it doesn't matter.

You cant. One person is deemed populous.
CASA defines a populous area as:-

“An area is a populous area in relation to the operation of an unmanned aircraft or rocket if the area has a sufficient density of population for some aspect of the operation, or some event that might happen during the operation (in particular, a fault in, or failure of, the aircraft or rocket) to pose an unreasonable risk to the life, safety or property of somebody who is in the area but is not connected with the operation”.

Reactions: Phill
You cant. One person is deemed populous.
CASA defines a populous area as:-

“An area is a populous area in relation to the operation of an unmanned aircraft or rocket if the area has a sufficient density of population for some aspect of the operation, or some event that might happen during the operation (in particular, a fault in, or failure of, the aircraft or rocket) to pose an unreasonable risk to the life, safety or property of somebody who is in the area but is not connected with the operation”.
"sufficient density" and there in lies the rub.
At 300-400 ft I've probably flown over many lone walkers in unpopulated areas without even knowing
Airplanes, Helicopters and Blimps knowingly fly over people all the time. I think I would much rather chance a drone encounter than a jet encounter,.

Attachments

• 5240c4663327cc6a5618bb84b8f10904.jpg
    5240c4663327cc6a5618bb84b8f10904.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 34
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78