DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crazy out of control crash...

Ok this is what my log coughed up..

View attachment 53635

@Kamakazi137 - I just had to return my brand new never Mavic Pro back to Best Buy! I did all the proper updates and the drone lifted off and start to hoover and then it started to do 360-degree spins and I could not get it to stop so I went an exchanged at Best Buy for a new one. How do I post or upload my flight log since I WANT to show people what this bird was actually doing when hovering. What really pisses me off is I just bought the Dji Care Refresh package from DJI direct 4 days ago for $89.99 and Dji refuses to make a transfer over to my new Mavic Pro which was activated for a max of 20 seconds and then I had to land it due to the 360 tailspins. Dji told me that I would have to buy another care package since the Dji Refresh packaged cant be merged over to a new aircraft even if you just bought a defect drone 3 days ago, Meaning, I am going to have to re-register the new one, have the proper registration it ones again with Recliamdrones. This is the company I order all of my registration numbers for your drone and they send you a super nice ID Card in case you ever get stopped since PER FAA, you're not supposed to fly without your registration numbers or your id CARD.

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 9.00.52 AM.png

$_7.JPG

droneservices

Last edited:
FYI, Can't figure out to post my Flight log, due to the fact I no longer have the drone! How do I retrieve the flight data from my phone??

So as an update...

DJI got back in touch pretty quickly, so I’ve filled out a repair request. A question was, what do you think cause the crash, pilot error or equipment malfunction, I said malfunction but I’m pretty sure they’re going to hit me with some sort of pilot error. I just did as normal, everything looked good but I don’t think in any situation it should be shooting off uncontrollably.
We’ll just have to wait and see.

So as an update...

DJI got back in touch pretty quickly, so I’ve filled out a repair request. A question was, what do you think cause the crash, pilot error or equipment malfunction, I said malfunction but I’m pretty sure they’re going to hit me with some sort of pilot error. I just did as normal, everything looked good but I don’t think in any situation it should be shooting off uncontrollably.

Without your flight log we can only guess what happened. As I said earlier, in post #15, it looks suspiciously like magnetic interference at the takeoff point, but that's just speculation.

Reactions: Hpacura
So as an update...

I don’t think in any situation it should be shooting off uncontrollably.

Not correct. Unless "everything looked good" included a check on GPS health a compass check, and confirmed lack of local magnetic interference, all bets are off.

BTW, it seems DJI is getting better/faster at responding to such incidents (or is that my imagination?) Could it be that they're learning that if they drag their feet, folks will have time to upload their txt files here, so that SAR104 and others can arm them with the facts?

I'd be surprised if they don't claim pilot error in this case. Let us know.

Yeah, I will not be surprised DJI says its pilot error. Same thing they said for my last Mavic Pro which went through same thing like yours.

A question was, what do you think cause the crash, pilot error or equipment malfunction??
The real question is why you haven't posted any flight data after so many recommendations?
Unless you share your flight data, there's no point asking what happened.
Yes
And if you do want answers, it would also help if you could describe the launch spot you used.

Reactions: JDawg and rfc
I really haven’t had a chance to look at flight data properly, I’ve never done it before and have been working off my phone.
First thing I check is if it needs compass calibration and it didn’t, everything was green so I thought good to go. Took off from empty gravel car park so couldn’t see anything that might cause interference.
But yeah, DJI were fast in getting back and the drone is on its way to them so hopefully get to the bottom of it soon...

Lol, like I said I’ll do it when I get a chance to sit behind a computer. I’m working all week so won’t get chance till weekend again. Some of us have jobs

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leroyman