DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crazy Pilot....Take Off & Landing

While I agree, the helicopter pilot is talented, I believe his judgement is lacking. Who is going to pay to replace roofing shingles he blows off? I can easily see the neighbors complaining if someone flew a Spark or Mavic in the same area.

While I agree, the helicopter pilot is talented, I believe his judgement is lacking. Who is going to pay to replace roofing shingles he blows off? I can easily see the neighbors complaining if someone flew a Spark or Mavic in the same area.
Exactly this guy is crazy and should not be flying helicopters!!

The following is an excerpt that I found when I goggled ADAC.

To explain the situation: This is not "some guy in Germany" but a highly trained pilot in a rescue helicopter. This helicopter is called in when a patient needs to be transferred to a special or far away hospital or when a doctor is needed in a remote area (as far as there is something like that in a densely populated country like Germany). The crew consists of a pilot, an emergency physician (or whatever the correct term is) and usually a specialized EMT. These helicopters are quite common and it isn't that unusual to see them landing in the middle of a street - but I give you that this was an especially tight fit. 49 helicopters of this type are in action in Germany with a staff of 186 people.

To the guys calling the pilot irresponsible do you even know what he's doing? Sigh:rolleyes:

He is going to ruin it for everybody that wants a helicopter...... Look at how that reflects on other Helo pilots. They will get banned for sure. :D
Yes. And one of these days, some idiot with a helicopter will fall on a drone, and they will ban helicopters from everywhere.

Reactions: ac0j
To the guys calling the pilot irresponsible do you even know what he's doing? Sigh:rolleyes:
What he is doing is very dangerous to everyone in the vicinity.
I think you meant to defend WHY he is doing it. Still doesn't make it less risky to the public.

Flying into tight spaces was part of the curriculum I taught. Risk mitigation is another subject the FAA teaches here in the USA. Every pilots actions have consequences. I have landed in back yards to pick up passengers .... but wow that was tight quarters!!! Every flight in a piloted aircraft is a series of risk decisions. That's what makes it so addicting! Your military and EMS services take risks every day to save lives. One of my previous students went on to fly Apache helicopters .... and was very good at it.

Last edited:
Why do people make crazy comments without doing some simple research first.? they are on-line so google ADAC and you will find it is a medivac helicopter.
ADAC provides 44 air ambulance helicopters for urgent medical rescues in Germany, strategically placed so that any location can be reached within 15 minutes.
Do you think these guys make these flights just for the hell of it? Just because this is in a town some people go crazy, but the also do rescues in very precarious situations away from the public eye. And ALL the risks are carefully assessed - they do not want to endanger themselves and others to save 1 life. ( the first rule of any rescue)

Where I come from we put the person in a normal ambulance and drive them to the closest park or school and land the chopper there. No matter how good the pilot is there is no room for error here. Crazy.

Where I come from we put the person in a normal ambulance and drive them to the closest park or school and land the chopper there. No matter how good the pilot is there is no room for error here. Crazy.
Cant believe the Germans haven't figured that out. Works the same in the US.

What he is doing is very dangerous to everyone in the vicinity.
I think you meant to defend WHY he is doing it. Still doesn't make it less risky to the public.
U do know they are medics right? I mean if it was someone you knew that was hurt and needed quick medical attention you would'nt have no complaints correct? Of course it's dangerous but that just comes with the job they are saving lives and it has to be done to get close to the scene. every second matters!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22