DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Creating Complex Waypoint Flight Plans for The Air 3 and the Mavic 3

Conservative Nihilist

Reactions
Just a few minutes ago I stumbled on a waypoint creation utility that allows owners of DJI Fly-based drones to create highly complex waypoint flight plans on their laptop or desktop and then transfer such waypoint sequences to the dedicated RC Pro Controller. The free version of this utility greatly simplifies the process of creating waypoint missions for DJI Fly-based drones, and the $15 monthly subscription version adds several more useful and time-saving functionalities.

Above is the website offering this groundbreaking waypoint creation tool for DJI Fly, and below is the link to a YouTube video published by the college students who created this versatile product that many newer DJI drone owners will find immensely useful. Even the gimbal tilt angle can be customized for each waypoint with this new product, and that is a step beyond the capabilities of Litchi, which only works with DJI GO4 and earlier drones.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Virtually all the drone flying I do is waypoint missions, and the main reason I haven't thus far been inclined to buy a DJI Air 3 has been the complicated user interface that was the only option available for creating waypoint flight plans directly on the RC Pro controller. Now that highly detailed waypoint flight plans can be created on a laptop and then transposed into a usable form on the RC controller which can then upload the waypoint sequence to the drone before takeoff, I might bite the bullet and buy an Air 3.

I am curious to hear whether other visitors to this forum have ever encountered this time-saving waypoint-generating utility, and if so, how their experience has been in flying missions created with this method. Either way, this is an amazing product whose time has come, and whose introduction will surely win over many older drone owners who have been toying with the idea of adding an Air 3 or Mavic 3 to their drone fleet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billy0157