DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Backup / Import Waypoints on Air 3

GulfCoastDrone

Reactions
Has anyone had success importing a waypoint mission into the Air 3 from a KMZ file? I'm attempting to create a workflow that leverages the Litchi Mission Hub and Litchi Utilities similar to the Mavic 3 converter but I have been unable to locate the Waypoint file folder.

Has anyone had success importing a waypoint mission into the Air 3 from a KMZ file? I'm attempting to create a workflow that leverages the Litchi Mission Hub and Litchi Utilities similar to the Mavic 3 converter but I have been unable to locate the Waypoint file folder.
I haven’t dived deeply into this, but it looks like DJI might have locked down the RC 2 in a way that doesn’t make those folders accessible.

I would be happy to be wrong!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Yesterday when I was on Android 13 and the DJI Fly 1.12.0, yes. I have been using the details from this thread Waypoints how to Back-Up Export & Import along with Litchi for building the map and their KMZ conversion tools Litchi Mission Utilities

So if you haven't upgraded to either Android 14 or DJI Fly 1.12.2, then hold off on upgrading and you still can use those tools!

My Rc2 / Air3 are updated, no problem to use Litchi Missions !
Follow the links to find how to proceed !

Backup is as easy as import with a computer, an RC2 and a USB cable.

Notes :
- you must 1st create a mission with your RC2,
- rename it, just because human names are better than DJI+dates names !
- replace the original mission file with the converted Litchi file (same name)
Et voilà !
With an sdcard plugged in your RC2, you can save all the missions you want.

Is no one reading my posts, I had this working when I was on Android 13 and the DJI Fly app version 1.12.0, I had this working.

I have upgraded my phone to Android 14 and the DJI Fly app to version 1.12.2, if you know why I can NOT access the KMZ files under this configuration.....please help.

As mentioned, no problem with DJI Flay App 1.12.2.
Are you using an Apple or a Pc computer ?

With Android 14 you have to connect it to a computer to see the files. It DOES work.
Yup, per the tutorial...that's what I have always been doing. Maybe it's a Pixel thing, but with my only Android 14 device and checking with multiple Windows 10 and 11 devices, I am NOT able to access the KMZ file in the same location on my Pixel 7 device running Android 14 as I am able to do on the Samsung S10 running Android 12.

I have used the PCs to traverse the Pixel 7 complete folder structure, searching for KMZ files manually and using OS search tool after it had index the full folder structure on the phone...no joy for KMZ files on the Pixel 7. Same PC, plug in a Samsung S10 running Android 12, the files are exactly where we all expect them to be.

From my experience, the method in the tutorial was working on my Pixel 7 when it was running Android 13. My access to the KMZ files changed when I upgraded to Android 14, but there were also multiple DJI Fly updates that happened at the same time, so it's hard to know exactly which caused what.

So I can only tell people my experience with my available devices....it does NOT work for me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman