DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crime Prevention taking notice

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
I have been advocating using the DJI drones for Crime Prevention as I have used my drone to stop some serious incidents in the Parking lot late at night.

I have posted on the Neighbor Hood watch a few thousand times as well, so this was a nice surprise to see them taking notice.

I kind of wish I went to that conference.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to Fly in the Rain , and be Superman at night

screenshot_07.png

screenshot_09.png

Last edited:
I send anonymous tips to the police out here in the Third World anytime my drone spots something out of place along a nearby stretch of interstate highway notorious for banditry and kidnapping ambushes.

Nothing dramatic to relate here yet, but a couple of years ago I phoned a buddy who patrols with the regional vigilante force, moments after I spoke with a farmer who had just been released after spending half an hour along with other temporary hostages beside a nearby forest path, where they'd all walked up on a crew of men cleaning and servicing light infantry weapons beside their parked van.

The vigilante guy phoned the cops, and all banks in a 20-mile radius were placed under surveillance by battle-kitted soldiers and cops. Sure enough, a van matching the description I gave pulled up outside a bank 20 miles away, and a gentleman emerged wielding a belt-fed General Purpose Machinegun which he then busied himself setting up on its bipod and loading up as the van's other doors began to crack open.

Without further ado, a squad of troops laying ambush beside the bank lit up the van and liquefied its occupants along with the gentleman who was just about ready to crank up his GPMG to announce the gang's arrival with full rock-n'roll mode selected for the occasion.

The chain of incidents triggered by one phone call drove home to me the massive impact that a timely anonymous tip can have in fighting crime. The events of that day also inspired me to create a few Litchi waypoint missions that fly my older DJI drones for several miles alongside the nearby "highway to hell", gathering intel so I can alert the cops while remaining incognito if ever my eye-in-the-sky spots bad guys in action.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ivan Moharya Kasim