DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Critical error

PoonDog

Reactions
ok, tried my madin flight, calibrated my compass motor start, takeoff, got to about three feet and I get very insistant alarm and forward lights are solid red. what did I screw up. This is the first flight attempt on a new Mavic Air

@PoonDog also said this:

“my first flight on new mavic air. I calibrated the compass and did all the setup newest firmwear. on take off i get to about 3 feet and get a continues scream from controller and solid red lights. aircraft will not respond to any movement except down to land. it did twitch a couple times and the gimbal went crazy. any Ideas or help would be greatly appreciated also if I try to use obstical avoidance it showe that conmditions not met and APAS temporarly not available”

Let’s ask where it took off from.
I saw a guy taking off from the hood of his car the other day.
Didn’t stick around to see that disaster.
More information please.

Red lights are allways on in front unless you take a pic, It will beep if your near any objects.
try going up and out Im sure the beeping will stop then have fun and fly that's assuming you have no error messages.

Backward Vision Sensor Calibration Error. Im going to try and recalibrate with DJI Assistant 2. This may explain the problem.

Let’s ask where it took off from.
I saw a guy taking off from the hood of his car the other day.
Didn’t stick around to see that disaster.
More information please.
Flat and level on a launch pad. Way back when I did try a launch from the hood with a $50.00 drone. Taught me not to do that again.

Reactions: Starz
Your freaked out reaction makes me think you haven't read the manual...
When you don't understand how your drone behaves, and it doesn't do what you assume it's supposed to do, you might freak out. That's went mistakes happen.

Red lights are allways on in front unless you take a pic, It will beep if your near any objects.
try going up and out Im sure the beeping will stop then have fun and fly that's assuming you have no error messages.
Solid Red ?
error message--backward vision sensors calibration fail. go to DJI assistance 2. that dosnt seemto have anything for the mavic air.

Your freaked out reaction makes me think you haven't read the manual...
When you don't understand how your drone behaves, and it doesn't do what you assume it's supposed to do, you might freak out. That's went mistakes happen.
Well, maybe a little freak out, but not much. error says backward vision sensor fail and to re calibrate with DJI assistant 2. I tried to download that twice and all I get is one page that shows me how to hook up to an inspire.

Well, maybe a little freak out, but not much. error says backward vision sensor fail and to re calibrate with DJI assistant 2. I tried to download that twice and all I get is one page that shows me how to hook up to an inspire.
and yes, I have read the manual and gone through the on line hand book.

OK, your right, damned nubies anyway. got it out in the open and went up a ways and it fly's great. Few things to figure out and im a happy camper.Thanks for your help.

I take off from my deck all the time and it beeps like crazy till I move away from the deck posts, sometimes it won't let me move till I turn it away from what ever is causing it to beep ,like the post or the railing or me. The senors see about 4' in front and to both side to some degree so just move away from everything.

Are you in a NFZ? I work by an airport, and can only fly inside hangar.
Do you have a 107 and get a wavier to fly in a hanger? Other wise your flying illegally. A DJI drone won't even let you take off in an airport with out a waiver.

There is a lot to be said about using your bird in beginner mode for quite a while until you feel comfortable to go a little further than beginner mode lets you and soon you build up your confidence and start to fly a little further afield.

Reactions: Bobvt

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Weepo67