DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Croatia Regulations

nfarruggio

Reactions
Hello,

I am planning a to Europe this summer and was thinking of visiting Croatia. Do any of you know the current rules/regulations over there? Also, this would be the first time flying on a plane with my drone. What sort of steps do I need to take to ensure I can bring my drone on the plane?

Thanks in advance!

You need to check the specific airlines regulations on line. Following is Alaska Airlines regulations:
Drones
A drone without batteries can be checked as baggage. However, the batteries must be carried on. Due to the number of batteries most drones travel with, we recommend carrying everything in a backpack or similar case that will fit under the seat in front of you. All batteries must be under 100 Watt hours, and the terminals covered/insulated to prevent short-circuiting. Original retail packaging is sufficient, or if not in the original packaging, the terminals must be covered with non-conductive tape. We also recommend not traveling with fully charged batteries.
Carrying spare batteries

You may bring spare lithium batteries for devices such as laptops, cell phones and cameras, in carry-on baggage only. This also includes external battery chargers (portable rechargers) containing a lithium ion battery. Spare batteries must be packed with terminals covered/insulated to prevent short-circuiting. Original retail packaging is sufficient, or if not in original packaging, the terminals must be covered with non-conductive tape.

Spare lithium batteries of any type, including external battery chargers (portable rechargers) containing a lithium ion battery, may not be placed in checked baggage because of the potential fire hazard. You may check bags that contain lithium batteries only if they are installed in the electronic devices. Damaged batteries will not be accepted for transport. For important details regarding the safe transportation of batteries/battery-powered devices while flying, please visit faa.gov "This indicates a link to an external site that may not meet accessibility guidelines.".

Check with the airline you are using. Generally, most allow you to carry the drone and the spare batteries on the plane as hand luggage. A few don't but it is just the minority currently. Some e.g. Emirates force you to put the drone part in your checked luggage. This is I believe due to the UAE aviation laws. So check with your airline if you are going via UAE. I have noticed on many airlines that allow they allow the drone in hand luggage there is a very small disclaimer/note that says unless going through Dubai or something similar. I believe ALL airlines make you carry the batteries on as hand luggage due to the reasons already pointed out.

Also request your approval to fly the drone before you get there, it takes a week or 2 apparently and remember you cant take any video or photos from your drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryhav0c