DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Cross Keys Swing Bridge

KingRat

Reactions
I am on the safety boat for the bridge works. It is being prepped for painting, which happens every 2 decades. Built in 1896 by Robert Stevenson, of lighthouse fame. Note how the bridge looks like a ship when swung open. Complete with bridge and funnel. Form and function working together, engineering projects in those days were elegant and built to make a statement. The bridge has to remain operable for both road traffic and shipping throughout so it is a long old job. They are still installing the scaffolding, that has taken 3 weeks so far.
One evening there was a bridge swing, it was a little late for the best light, but it swings when the ship comes through not when the light is right!

C.DJI_0474web0474.jpg

C.DJI_0480web0480.jpg

C.DJI_0502web0502.jpg

C.DJI_0505web0505.jpg

Given the blurring of the ship I'd guess the exposure was quite long, what was it, do you know? The gimbal did a really impressive job.
I see what you mean about the open position,

Given the blurring of the ship I'd guess the exposure was quite long, what was it, do you know? The gimbal did a really impressive job.
I see what you mean about the open position,
I used manual exposure, shooting RAW of course for a tricky situation like this, wide open at 1 second on ISO 200, the first time I have taken it off '100' ! I was fortunate that there was only a slight breeze, maybe 10mph.
I agree, it is a very stable platform, more so if you put it into tripod mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada