DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crossroads

ECI Air

Reactions
I need some advice, and this is the best place to get it.

I have an Air 2s, just purchased a RC controller, got it (4/28/2023). I do more photography then video with the drone, because I'm still learning editting. I'm trying to get out and do a hyperlapse with my drone, but mother nature is just not cooperating. I have been thinking about pulling the trigger on a 3 Classic. I have done the research and a few pro's on the 3 i really like, osbstacle avoidance in all directions, longer flight time, and night mode. Currently, am not making any $$$ with my drone, so its, tough to justify this purchase. So, that is my situation.

Reactions: 13_Dragons
The items you mentioned plus the longer flight time, quieter props, and USB-C charging are some others I looked at when I bought the 3C. The 4/3 camera of the Mavic is better but I’m not sure you will right away see the difference in the two, though you might. The Hasselblad camera has better color science especially as you move into video. I was happy with my Air 2S, happy with the 3C but I didn’t care for the proprietary charge method of the Air.

Should you buy a Classic. Well, like anything, it comes down to money. Dont put yourself out to make the switch if thats what will happen. If it wont, the Classic is the better of the two. I am personally moving from the Classic to the 3 Pro but not because I need to, I want to. The bad part is eBay will get me on fees.

The Hasselblad camera has better color science especially as you move into video. I was happy with my Air 2S, happy with the 3C but I didn’t care for the proprietary charge method of the Air.
Being a photographer, color is big for me. I won't sell my Air 2s right away, Having two drones is better than one. Shoot I have three camera's and use them all the time.

Reactions: TwoSticks

I have an Air 2s, just purchased a RC controller, got it (4/28/2023). I do more photography then video with the drone, because I'm still learning editting. I'm trying to get out and do a hyperlapse with my drone, but mother nature is just not cooperating. I have been thinking about pulling the trigger on a 3 Classic. I have done the research and a few pro's on the 3 i really like, osbstacle avoidance in all directions, longer flight time, and night mode. Currently, am not making any $$$ with my drone, so its, tough to justify this purchase. So, that is my situation.

If you can wait a month or two, there should be a drone-only configuration for Mavic 3 Pro, which sells for $1799. With a triple camera set up, you get a lot more creative freedom, compared to Mavic 3 Classic.

Reactions: Anthony Ivory
If you can wait a month or two, there should be a drone-only configuration for Mavic 3 Pro, which sells for $1799. With a triple camera set up, you get a lot more creative freedom, compared to Mavic 3 Classic.
I thought about waiting for the drone only myself, I dont need the extra remote since it will be used with my RC Pro. That might not be a bad option all things considered. The Classic drone only right now is $1469 which is $330 less than the Pro will be. Over time refurbished market will make each of those options even cheaper.

Reactions: ECI Air
I have not pulled the trigger on any 3 model yet and its starting to look like i will have to fork over lots of cash for an enterprise model for my needs I rarely do photography with my drones any longer and when I do I am usually just the pilot not the guy taking the pics I mostly do security work now and from a business standpoint my Air 2s is the workhorse, Its small (for a "heavy" drone) I can use Litchi (no SDK for the 3 unless you pay for enterprise) and when I buy Batteries ( BIG expense in security) with the Air 2s I can buy a dozen for 500 bucks.

WAIT WAIT The Mavic 3 is being discontinued !
There are great deals on MAVIC 3s with tons of accessories. You may not need the zoom at this point but you are going to find better deals on M3s than you will on a new classic

Now that the Mavic 3 is discontinued I expect that a lot of people like me (I have a new Mavic 3 for about a year) While I thought about getting the Mavic 3 Pro, but frankly, the only place I think I would love to use the longer lens function would be wildlife photography and since I love to photograph wild animals in Africa on safari. where it is mostly not allowed, I see no reason to sell my Mavic 3 now.

If you are interested in making money, naturally, you should first get your 107.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22