DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Crushing the Snow Storm winds in a Hover.

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions

As a rule if my drone drifts more than 4 ft in a Hover Position its a no fly for me.
The snow storm coming off the lake had some wicked gusts and I let the Drone hover without any stick movment .

I just want to confirm if you plan on flying in the Rain or Snow with your Mini 3 / Mini 3 pro or Mini 4 Pro your very likely to burn out the sensors in minutes.

However The Mini 4 Pro with the Wet Suit can play all day in the Rain and Snow as the Wet Suit protects the weak links of the drone in those situations.

Notice the dip the Mini 4 Pro takes Downward as wind Gusts slam it downward.

Despite these abrupt winds the Video that was recorded was very smooth and clean.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 4 in the Rain / Snow

The scenery is absolutely stunning! I imagine the wind must have been quite strong. Hopefully, the next time you venture out to capture footage, the weather will be more favorable. 😃

Pretty amazing video you posted, that wind surely was blowing hard and rocking the Mini 4 Pro around a lot. Good flying and thanks for sharing !

Reactions: Phantomrain.org

As a rule if my drone drifts more than 4 ft in a Hover Position its a no fly for me.
The snow storm coming off the lake had some wicked gusts and I let the Drone hover without any stick movment .

I just want to confirm if you plan on flying in the Rain or Snow with your Mini 3 / Mini 3 pro or Mini 4 Pro your very likely to burn out the sensors in minutes.

However The Mini 4 Pro with the Wet Suit can play all day in the Rain and Snow as the Wet Suit protects the weak links of the drone in those situations.

Despite these abrupt winds the Video that was recorded was very smooth and clean.

Phantomrain.org
Interesting video. I have done the same flying with my mini 2, in dry weather, just to see how it would handle the strong wind. Pretty much the same as the mini 4

Phantomrain.org
Let's see the video recorded by the drone.

Which sensors are subject to "burn out" in minutes? Do you mean electrical shorts? How does the foam material positively protect the sensors from rain and snow without blocking the sensors' functions?

Have others here observed sensor failure from rain or snow?

Thanks for sharing!

Could we see your drone clad in its wetsuit stationary indoors. Would be fascinated to see what it looks like. Thanks in advance.

Could we see your drone clad in its wetsuit stationary indoors. Would be fascinated to see what it looks like. Thanks in advance.
This thread has a few pictures

Phantomrain.org 's "favorable Weather" is something that most of us wouldnt fly in.....:)🤣😂

• Haha
Phantomrain.org 's "favorable Weather" is something that most of us wouldnt fly in.....:)🤣😂
Yeah < If its not Snowing / Pouring or Howling , i got very little reason to want to fly except for the occasional sunset or possible UFO in the clouds.

But its crazy cool to be able to challenge the skies and there wrath to capture something like this and I have a blast with the adventures that got them.

This was shot in the Pouring rain and yet you cannot see it.
You will find capturing the Rain not to easy unless your purposely want that to show.

Here is a great video Explaining how that works

For me thats what its all about.
Higher Resolution
View attachment DJI_20230703070544_0055_D (1).jpg

CleanShot 2023-12-24 at 01.57.10@2x.jpg

Here is another Award winning one thats going to Print but when I print it will lighten up just a bit to see more detail in the Print itself.

6d71795c-8ae3-45a8-a656-085777e3004f-1.jpg

Just having a blast in the storm and in the Rain.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water, Capture a UFO in the sky.

Last edited:
That's a really wonderful photograph.

But the rain is far in the distance and the drone is not being exposed to it.

Here's an old Mini 3 video with a similar shoot-and-run approach. Down, indoors, and dry when the rain arrived.

Let's see the video recorded by the drone.
This shows what its like to fly in the rain an how well the cameras handle the mayhem.

Many think its not really raining when we take the shots but its always raining or were not flying .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas