DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystal sky and Mavic 2

MartinFahrer

Reactions
My Crystal Sky DJI go 4 hasn’t updates. I don’t see the Mavic 2. I tried updating the firmware and it says I’m all caught up. Help. I updated my i phone app and I see the Mavic 2 option. Am I missing how to update the DJI software? I’m at a loss waiting for my Mavic 2 to charge and check it out.

I have 5.5

My Crystal Sky DJI go 4 hasn’t updates. I don’t see the Mavic 2. I tried updating the firmware and it says I’m all caught up. Help. I updated my i phone app and I see the Mavic 2 option. Am I missing how to update the DJI software? I’m at a loss waiting for my Mavic 2 to charge and check it out.

I have 5.5
I heard you need to get the latest firmware / software from DJI's website.

Crystal Sky software hasn't been updated to support the Mavic 2 yet. They keep saying it will be soon. :(
Also the Original Mavmount CS won't work with the M2. The Mavmount 2.0 that was made for the Mavic Air fits great. Until DJI updates the CS software I'll be flying my M2Pro with an iPad Mini 4.

Same problem for me. The 2 Pro would not activate using my Crystal Sky monitor. Got this from DJI support today "Crystalsky is currently not supported/ compatible with DJI Mavic 2 Series. There might be a possibility of compatibility in the future but as of this moment, it's currently unsupported." I have written back asking for a full refund as I rely on the brightness of the Crystal Sky to be able to do my work, and won't be going to any of the many third party phones and pads that are supported before this DJI premium product. Am I just another grumpy old bugger, or is reasonable to expect that this very expensive single use DJI monitor would be compatible with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro?

"might be a possibility of compatibility in the future" ???

This is crazy from DJI, it is afterall just an android tablet with an extra bright screen

No, it's a Separate Version of the Android OS unique to the Crystalsky. Always takes longer to get updated for some reason even though it's a DJI product. FAQ of Crystalsky will point out issue of OS not standard Android.

Paul C

Reactions: jpbedrone
And DJI didn't think of updating the Crystalsky during the Mavic 2 development ?

They never seem to. Same problem with the P4 Vr 2.0. Took over 35 or more days to get support for Crystalsky.

Should not be a big deal, and I agree should be available at rollout, especially for price of a CS.

Paul C

Reactions: blakes7fan
I didn't know the Mavic Air was also not compatible with the CS.
The Mavic Air is completely compatible with CS (or vice versa). I've been using it since I got my Air a few months ago and it is shows up in the selectable aircraft tiles.

Now I too am waiting for M2P support.

I really find 1st level DJI support useless. 90% of their responses (especially in forums) are copy/paste from their book of answers.

How many times have you seen this one verbatim:

DJI Support said:
Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, we will forward your concern to our engineers for further information. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Reactions: Tobrouk
Apparently there’s a guy in South Africa who’s CS has received the update to enable support for the MAvic 2. So it looks like the roll out may have begun.

There’s another thread here where someone claims to have an apk with a download link. Proceed at your own risk.

It does coincide with the reports that a “DJI Tech” told someone to look for it around Sept 14. Could just be coincidence as that rumor was pretty isolated.

The Go4 update just came through on my CS this morning (in the USA). Haven't flown it yet, but, it loaded and Mavic 2 is in there now.
My CS was updated Saturday and it works just fine now. Nice to have for us older guys. Much brighter but is heavy, I also use a shade here in AZ.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem