DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystal Sky for Mavic Air 2 and Mini

Bill Dunnuck

Reactions
I use the Crystal Sky on my original MP1. Want to use it on my Mini and more importantly on my Mavic Air 2. I’ve been in touch with DJI who tell me they have no plans on making the CS compatible with either the MA2 or Mini. The CS costs as much as a 65 inch smart TV and is useless on their new products? I would like to suggest that everyone who has a CS write to DJI and strongly suggest that the make it compatible. If the hear from enough of us, they might reconsider. Looks like the CS is headed for the DJI graveyard. I really don’t want that to happen. I’m sure CS owners don’t either.

Reactions: gppms and Ramboat
I understand that DJI may want people to invest in the new smart controller, but I think it's ridiculous that the CS support for newer drones is abscent. This thing cost me almost 700$ brand new at the time. Smh....

Reactions: Bernd2019
Therefore I could imagine that the new SC of the M300 could possibly be a small facelift. One does not know... but just by the way: The technology in the SC is twice as good / fast as the technology in the CS. These are big differences. Also 32 to 64 bit.

I bought the CS for the nits. The only monitor i can see in the sun. Can’t bring myself to spending another $700 on a SC knowing full well DJI could drop it momentarily. I’m sure there are many CS users out there that are equally disappointed. I’ve got three DJI drones and can use the CS on one only. I wish I knew for sure that they absolutely could not make the CS compatible with the Air 2 and Mini. It would be easier to accept.

Reactions: gppms
Yep was ready to buy an Air 2 but no Crystal Sky support not buying it... Come on how hard is it to port the new app across with a update this is purely DJI disrespecting their customer base. Well DJI I'm NOT buying a new controller just because you can't be bothered looking after your older customers.

Reactions: gppms
I totally agree. We all need to write DJI and express our thoughts about cutting out the CS for use with DJI Fly app ie Mini and MA2. They are making a very expensive CS obsolete at our expense. . I’m not buying it. Encourage everyone to write. Thanks for your comment. Maybe you could start a thread?

Reactions: Ramboat and gppms
Good question. I am staying on DJI and getting wishy washy replies. If they can get away with making it obsolete, they will. No regard for CS owners. I side loaded Autel Eployer app on CS and it worked. All but the maps. Just should not have to do it.

I use the Crystal Sky on my original MP1. Want to use it on my Mini and more importantly on my Mavic Air 2. I’ve been in touch with DJI who tell me they have no plans on making the CS compatible with either the MA2 or Mini. The CS costs as much as a 65 inch smart TV and is useless on their new products? I would like to suggest that everyone who has a CS write to DJI and strongly suggest that the make it compatible. If the hear from enough of us, they might reconsider. Looks like the CS is headed for the DJI graveyard. I really don’t want that to happen. I’m sure CS owners don’t either.
I recently purchased a Mavic Air 2 and found that I can't use my Crystalsky! I don't understand why it works with my Mavic Air and not with the new Mavic Air 2. I add my protest and the hope that DJI will respect its customers.

Exactly the same with me, I have the brightest Crystalsky and I am very satisfied, because this is the only Monitor with which I have a clear picture in the sun! I wanted to buy the DJI Air 2S, but if the CS is not compatible I will not buy dir drohne. I find it absolutely incomprehensible to all DJI owners that the CS is not compatible. I hope that through all these dissatisfied reactions DJI will ensure that the CS also works with the latest drohnes !!

No, the CS is simply too old in terms of technology. (2016)
Yep ^^^

The CS is too old now and is unfortunately outdated in terms of it's ability to run the new apps. Very disappointing on a personal level especially considering how much paid for mine and it doesn't even run the latest version of the Go 4 app.

I've just bought the Tripltek Pro to replace mine, which so far seems very capable and works well with both Go 4 and Fly. Shame really as I really like the form factor of the CS...

Yep ^^^

CS сейчас слишком стар и, к сожалению, устарел с точки зрения его способности запускать новые приложения. Very disappointing on a personal level especially considering how much paid for mine and it doesn't even run the latest version of the Go 4 app.

Я только что купил Tripltek Pro, чтобы заменить свой, который до сих пор кажется очень способным и хорошо работает как с Go 4, так и с Fly. Shame really as I really like the form factor of the CS...

I run latest DJI GO 4 (GPlay 4.3.37) and dji official site (4.3.42) on crystalsky and p4p+ with CircleOS. Third-party apps and DualRC mode are support.

Attachments

• photo_2021-02-08_01-45-07.jpg
    photo_2021-02-08_01-45-07.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 17
  • photo_2021-04-08_20-42-17.jpg
    photo_2021-04-08_20-42-17.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 19
  • photo_2021-04-10_21-38-15.jpg
    photo_2021-04-10_21-38-15.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: torsen
As far as software you can ue Litchi with mini and CS and this device will let you attach Crystalsky mount in Mini and Air RC by widening the screws distance.

Reactions: Scona
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato