DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky 7.85 Ultra ... did I screw up?

Rusty in Bend

Reactions
I read here that CrystalSky had updated their operating system to use with the Mavic 2 aircraft. I just got mine, got it to the most recent code, and then took it out to fly. Imagine my surprise when there was no selection for "Mavic 2", and when I tried to run it as a Mavic Pro, several features are missing ... not the least of which is "GPS".

Did I screw up? Is the CrystalSky "Ultra" not updated for the Mavic 2?

Is this going to be a very expensive return, or a door stop pending a usable upgrade?

Thought I did that with the system update. Apparently not. Going through that now ... fingers crossed.

That worked ... THANKS !!! From a "system" standpoint, they should automatically update the app when they update the device code ... but that's just me. Anyway, now it sees the right aircraft. TIME TO FLY !!!

Holy Starburst ... this screen is so bright it hurts my eyes.

The really scary part was that I was already in my first flight, before I figured out that important stuff was missing, like "Altitude Readout", "Distance Readout", "GPS", and other stuff. Did a high-heart-rate manual fly-back, landed, and just hyperventilated for a while as I figured out I was flying my Mavic-2 on basically a Mavic-Pro controller.

It's lucky to be alive. (Me too ... although it helps to have a P4P+ as a "backup".)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliassmith02