DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky and Mavic Pro2

Um are you kidding? I use mine everyday with the Crystalsky...
Wish I was. I tried on many occasions to get the Mavic Pro 2 to synch with the CrystalSky. After 5 calls to DJI and trying different solutions Joy told me that they are working on a solution and it should be coming soon.
I could not activate my MP2 on the CrystalSky, I had to use my iPad. Once activated on the IPad tech told me it would work with the CrystalSky. That did not happen. So that’s my story.
What did you do to so that it sees the drone?

Reactions: FlyPro-UK
DJI confirmed that CrystalSky monitor will not work with Mavic Pro 2. Apparently, they are working on a fix. Hopefully, soon or the monitor becomes a brick.
It is fully compatible now, I don't know why they would tell you that, I use it every day with the M2P. You have to update the DJI GO 4 App (Not the Firmware, there isn't an updated firmware yet). To update start DJI GO 4 then go to "ME" at the bottom Scroll down to SETTINGS and hit "CHECK FOR UPDATE". The update has been available for a long time, you must have gotten a rookie tech support guy.

Thanks, I had so many different answers on what to do it was pathetic. Why didn’t they tell me to do this, poor customer service I guess.

Crystalsky with the MP2 is surprisingly solid. So far no pixelated video and it jumping which was constant with the MPP.

There was a firmware update to the CS a while back and it may be part of the improvement.

Paul C

Reactions: cdubNga
I did update the firmware on the crystal sky. Apparently, this was part of the problem. However, it was interesting that none of the DJI tech-support told me that this would be an additional step. And of course, I missed doing that.

They also told me that I could not activate my new Mavic pro two with these crystal sky monitor. Consequently I activated it with my iPad. It was all very confusing.

Reactions: john waddington
If DJI has a weakness, for sure it’s this type of issue. They have very limited support intellect, which for such a complex product is amazing to me. On their main site forum, it was recommended to fly with the MP2 Pro gimbal guard on to prevent issues where the gimbal seems to be moved by wind in sports mode or fast flight. Might have worked with the MPP but with the MP2, if you leave on the gimbal guard the gimbal can’t move and thus will eventually overheat.

DJI makes a great product, but their tech support and knowledge base of their own product that they put forth on their main website and forums is very lacking. And there is really no way to escalate to a Level 2 or 3 for help. Only solution is open a repair ticket, send in the drone or other product and hope that DJI can recreate the issue and fix it. I will always use a US repair site first, mainly because you can talk to them.

Most folks with just a couple of normal flights under their belt have more knowledge about the DJI product.

Paul C

Reactions: cdubNga
DJI confirmed that CrystalSky monitor will not work with Mavic Pro 2. Apparently, they are working on a fix. Hopefully, soon or the monitor becomes a brick.

That was true a month ago but now it works fine, but it’s been updated so no issue , I use Everyday . The one thing that is frustrating is that the Mavic Pro bracket won’t fit the Mavic 2 Pro without a modification. I bought the PolarPro but took it back due to a fault, it’s also heavy. Check out Fasttech , I am awaiting one if there’s to arrive

That was true a month ago but now it works fine, but it’s been updated so no issue , I use Everyday . The one thing that is frustrating is that the Mavic Pro bracket won’t fit the Mavic 2 Pro without a modification. I bought the PolarPro but took it back due to a fault, it’s also heavy. Check out Fasttech , I am awaiting one if there’s to arrive
Check this video I did on the solution I like for mounting the CrystalSky to the M2P.

Just received the Fasttech Crystalsky mount for M2P . It works and folds down flat so it can fit in the supplied soft bag. Only issue I had was that I had to tighten up the folding arm. I think it will come loose over time if you continually fold the unit.
just in case I will carry an Allen key with me although it’s pretty compact anyway to sling in your backpack even if you don’t fold. All in all for $18 it does the job!

Check this video I did on the solution I like for mounting the CrystalSky to the M2P.

Only issue with this setup is that it’s both bulky and heavy. The polar pro base for instance is really heavy. It also had a fault hence I returned it . I have also see someone modify the M2P controller so the existing bracket fits however I preferred not to do this. Check out Fasttech.com , I just got there’s for $18 , it gets the job done

Only issue with this setup is that it’s both bulky and heavy. The polar pro base for instance is really heavy. It also had a fault hence I returned it . I have also see someone modify the M2P controller so the existing bracket fits however I preferred not to do this. Check out Fasttech.com , I just got there’s for $18 , it gets the job done
I have to have the quick release mount, I have it on my other 4 drones, that's why I went this route. It actually balances really well.

Yep, I miss the quick release, the Fasttech is a put me on until DJI come out with their new one, am traveling to Shenzhen next week and will visit their main Flag ship store , hope there is good news!!!

Just got a M2P and also having problems using with my CrystalSky 7.85, just shows 'disconnected' whenever the Mavic 2 Pro RC is attached. Have updated CS App to 4.3.0 and also running latest firmware on the aircraft and RC. Works fine with RC connected to iPhone Go 4 app.

Any ideas?

Excellent, just when on DJI support and came across a note saying not to have any cable plugged in the side micro USB if using the standard USB port. Took out the side cable (which wasn't in use btw), and immediately got the usual 'choose an app of this device' Crystal Sky popup and all working fine now. Happy days!

(1) If a mobile device is connected to the standard USB port on the remote controller, make sure that the Micro USB port on the remote controller is disconnected from any of the devices.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d