DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky and Mini 2

OldGuy

Reactions
I started this thread in the Mini Discussions 2 section but perhaps some of the pilots interested in the CS will have missed it so I am presenting it again here if that’s ok. I am sure dirkclod will let me know if it isn’t!

I will begin by saying thanks to lannes who inspired me to go down this road with his posts on the Epson BT 300 glasses and mirroring/casting.
I have the CS Ultra which I use with my M2Z but am unable to use it with my Mini 2 due to the fact that the CS is 34 BIT and not 64 BIT and therefore not compatible with the Mini 2/ Air 2 etc. After reading lannes info on mirroring I contacted my young tech friend to help me see if we could somehow link the CS with the Mini 2. In the end we managed to get the CS to see through the camera of the Mini 2 with it’s 2,000 NIT screen using a tablet (or a phone) attached to the Mini 2 remote and “mirroring” the image via “ApowerMirror” to the CS screen. I have the CS attached to the Mini 2 remote via the usual mount and the tablet on my arm using a Velcro tablet/phone holder.
So far I have only tried it in the garden but will hopefully be doing a full test this weekend from my favourite hill. There is a very slight image lag/latency of a few milliseconds between the tablet and the CS but hardly noticeable and much better than anticipated.
Please note that I am using a tablet as I already have one. A phone would be much more practical as it is lighter. Basic commands still come from the tablet if you want to change exposure etc but as the tablet is on my arm and within easy reach this is not a problem.

15th May:
Flew the Mini 2 again this morning from the hill with the camera view through the CS Ultra. The mirroring works well with the Huawei tablet and no discernable lag. However the tablet is bulky and difficult to hold steady strapped to my arm. Switched over to an iPhone 5 and later to a new Android phone but both gave unacceptable lag. While using the Huawei tablet with no SIM card I used my Tripltek tablet as a Wi-Fi hot spot. This may make a difference.
I am now constructing a holder for the remote/CS/Tablet and will continue to experiment.

Reactions: Gagey52
Hi, do you have any news? I have the same needs as you on CS. Have you ever tried to connect both the remote control and the CS via cable to the phone through a usb-c splitter on the phone?

Hi, do you have any news? I have the same needs as you on CS. Have you ever tried to connect both the remote control and the CS via cable to the phone through a usb-c splitter on the phone?
Hi Alessandro. I have not made much progress lately with the CS. My tech friend has been busy so have not tried anything new. I will take a look at your suggestion of connecting the remote and the CS via cable to the phone through a usb-c splitter and let you know what I find. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98