DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky Charger

I found the P3 charger including AC cable was the best option, I'm still really pissed tho, buying an expensive monitor without charger...makes no sense at all.

I found the P3 charger including AC cable was the best option, I'm still really pissed tho, buying an expensive monitor without charger...makes no sense at all.

Yea there's another thread on this but in summary. DJI didn't really consider we would spend 50% more just for a monitor (over $600 with charger and mount) The monitors were expected to sell to customers who purchased P4Ps, Inspires, etc whose chargers already work and who wouldn't want to spend more for a redundant charger. Especially considering that most modern phones are just as bright and bigger than the 5.5. My S8+ for example, is just as bright. In fact, if I were in the market, I'd get an unlocked S8+ for $600-700. You wouldn't need another charger and you could use whatever flight apps you want. The app on phones is set up for the Mavic and Spark (not so much with the Crystal Sky).You just keep mobile network turned off and don't install a sim card. Now you have an awesome screen, a back up phone and you can use it for whatever else you want when you aren't flying. Definitely not the case with the CS monitors. I guess the last thing I have to say is that it's not like they tricked you. This was all laid out on their website before purchase.

Last edited:
Have yet to purchase my own CrystalSky but just ordered the Mavic Controller Mount and understand I must buy a charger with enough "juice" to charge the CS. What's the simplest, effective, least expensive option while Saving up for the CS.
I know it's a little backward but it's incentive toward the end goal.

I purchased the DJI OSMO 57W Power Supply for $39.00. Fits perfectly in the charging base included with my CSky 5.5”.

Reactions: struijs and Frits
Hate reviving this old thread but just got a crystal sky. Are there any newer/cheaper aftermarket chargers or is the Osmo charger the best for the money?
Thanks

If you have a Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom you can get this cable for about 7 bucks and use your Mavic 2 charger for the CS battery: Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

Unfortunately the CS batteries are 4S (~15.4 V) and the Mavic Pro (NOT 2 Pro) is 3S (~11.4V), so the old Mavic Pro charger cannot charge a 4S battery. Mavic 2 P/Z is 4S so you can make it work with an adapter.

Thanks! Should have said that I have the Mavic Pro (not the 2). Appreciate the reply.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929