DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky screen blank

I was looking to get one now I think I will wait a couple months. I try to wait on new products so they can get all the bugs worked out. Hope everyone gets theirs fixed.

Reactions: Forestjim
I have similar problems. Mine kept re booting every time I switched it on then today it powered off after 2 minutes and I couldn't turn it back on even with a full battery.

The annoying thing is I've just sold my iPad in favour of this now overpriced brick.

Waiting for DJI to respond.
Hi Andy,
I could get mine to restart after I pulled the battery out of the back and left it over night. I sent it back to DJI twice. The 2nd time they called me and said they could get it to replicate the problem. They said they are sending it back but to take i video if it did it again.
I got it back and used it as a iPad and it keep working.
Got home took it on a flight worked fine.
Went for another flight and the screen went to sleep and wouldn't come back on the mater what it did
Took a video, uploaded to YouTube and sent DJI the link.
Sent it back again and I just got the tracking my new one is on its way.
Maybe you should take a video and sent it to them it will speed up your problem with them.
Good luck

After 30 minutes I managed to switch it on again but had a white border around the whole screen and the screen was flickering like crazy. I re set factory settings and updated the firmware to 02.02.09.00

I hasn't powered off since and the white border has gone but there is still an annoying flicker on the screen. Ive tried to video the flicker on my iPhone but it doesn't seem to pick it up.

Cheers

Replacement CS arrived today.
Band new sealed in a box
I might sell it as I've ordered 7.85 ultra bright

The display on my CS 7" UB quit working on my first flight. I loved it for the 30 minutes it worked. Put in a new battery, and it did not help. I am sort of disappointed I am not the only one. Clearly a quality issue. I bought on Amazon but it won't let me do an exchange, only a return! So I will return and get another one.

Unreal
I’ve had backlight failure now for the 3rd time
This original 5.50
And twice this month on the CS Ultra .
I’m not a happy man

Unreal
I’ve had backlight failure now for the 3rd time
This original 5.50
And twice this month on the CS Ultra .
I’m not a happy man
Are they failing quickly? I ask because if it fails in the first 30 days I can return and get a replacement. Otherwise, I would have to send off and wait for who knows how long to get it repaired.

Apparently, DJI did ZERO Beta testing of this product. Inexcusable.

I'm using my CS5.5 from almost a year. I've had 2-3 freeze ups while in flight but beside that it's very good device.

From my experience for any case it's good to have a backup device at the time of flight (in my case it's Android phone), no matter what you're using it can fail in mid flight and if the drone is far out it could be impossible to return it safely. In case of strong interference the RTH may fail.

Reactions: Gerry65
I do have my iPhone but did not think to have it with me at the time of flight. I won't make that mistake again. Thanks for the idea.

Maybe I need to get the smaller version if it is more stable.

I do have my iPhone but did not think to have it with me at the time of flight. I won't make that mistake again. Thanks for the idea.

Maybe I need to get the smaller version if it is more stable.

It seem's the backlight problems are all with the CS UB's , only Jim has lost a 5.5 to a backlight problem.

My 5.5 has been working perfect;y for 3 months being used for a lot of time, my CS Ultra has been boxed until the next firmware upgrade, hopefully this will fix the overheating which ultimately causes the backlight failure in these units

It seem's the backlight problems are all with the CS UB's , only Jim has lost a 5.5 to a backlight problem.

My 5.5 has been working perfect;y for 3 months being used for a lot of time, my CS Ultra has been boxed until the next firmware upgrade, hopefully this will fix the overheating which ultimately causes the backlight failure in these units
Hi Iannes,
At the time of the first fail last August there was quite a few of us with Black Light problems.

Hi Iannes,
At the time of the first fail last August there was quite a few of us with Black Light problems.

Were they also with the 5.5 ?
They must have got a bad batch of panels

Were they also with the 5.5 ?
They must have got a bad batch of panels
Yes that was 5.5 first time around
Be leave it or not I’m thinking of getting a 5.5 as a backup
The screens are so much better than flying with my IPad mini 4 or IPhone X

I can (possibly) understand an overheating while flying in mid summer, but mine failed a few weeks ago when the temp was about 55 degrees. That is clearly a major design flaw. I will wait a few more months before re-ordering. Too bad as for the 30 or 40 minutes it worked, it was great !!

Reactions: sitka_rn
Is this issue fixed. I would really like to get another one of these but only if this issue has been completely solved!!

Is this issue fixed. I would really like to get another one of these but only if this issue has been completely solved!!

The jury is still out, the UB can go at any time, I'd recommend the normal high brightness versions.

My 5.5 has worked perfectly for 6 mths, while I'm not confident using the UB

The jury is still out, the UB can go at any time, I'd recommend the normal high brightness versions.

My 5.5 has worked perfectly for 6 mths, while I'm not confident using the UB

Yes I agree with this.
I think for the majority time when I’m flying UB could be over kill. Since the BL fails I’ve only been flying with my UB on 50% brightness and Auto brightness turned off.
It’s does the job perfectly.
Even at 50% the screen is much clearer than by backup IPad Mini 4. (Even with a shade guard on)
I’m going to buy a HB 5.5 as my 2nd or back up screen.

Ps. I only use my CS as a monitor only.
As a tablet they are a buggy laggy heap of poo. Lol

Last edited:
I had returned the 7" UB after the screen died and have been waiting for good reports. Given what I have been reading, I just ordered the 7" High Bright. It will be way better than m iPhone 6 and should (hopefully) be more reliable than the UB.

Reactions: Forestjim
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.