DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky...WHY

waylander

Reactions
Hi All
Just a rant... I've just purchased a 7.85" CrystalSky, yes it is very bright...............

That was the good part, I also foolishly bought the DJI Mavic mount for the CS, what a load of crap..

All of the mounting options for the monitor that I have seen are B*#>%ks, why did I bother, yes it is very bright..........

Why no 1/4" camera mount option... rant rant rant .. can someone please advise me of a good quality mount, maybe with a lanyard and or tripod fitting

Soooo disappointed, but yes it's bright....

Waylander

Hi All
Just a rant... I've just purchased a 7.85" CrystalSky, yes it is very bright...............

That was the good part, I also foolishly bought the DJI Mavic mount for the CS, what a load of crap..

All of the mounting options for the monitor that I have seen are B*#>%ks, why did I bother, yes it is very bright..........

Why no 1/4" camera mount option... rant rant rant .. can someone please advise me of a good quality mount, maybe with a lanyard and or tripod fitting

Waylander
I personally use the FlyHighUSA carbon plate to mount the regular DJI CS mount to it, and then attach the CS to the mount. The mount has a little hole on it where I used my credits to get myself a free DJI lanyard. I like the setup.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
I use the same thing.
I wanted to be able to use the DJI quick release mount since my CS is shared with another drone and I didn't want to have to unscrew it all the time. There is a loop on the CS mount to clip a lanyard to.
Here's a few pictures.
a25.jpg a26.jpg a27.jpg

The PolarPro mount is pretty good - all metal in construction and beefy. I like it because it doesn't use a flimsy ball head and has a proper mount for the CS monitors - rather than a bodged solution. Bit pricey though.

Strangely I much prefer the DJI mount - but it doesn't bloody work with Mavic Air remotes. :-(

Reactions: jmorse62
Hi plingboot

I agree with you RE polarPro... so much so that I have ordered one. I just don't like the DJI mount, you basically have to hold the CS screen to work the RC, and there is no option for a lanyard, OK with the PolarPro you cant see the RC screen, but the other mounts I had for the ISO devices I use also obscure the screen, I'm used to it, it's no big deal.

Regards
Waylander

The PolarPro mount is pretty good - all metal in construction and beefy. I like it because it doesn't use a flimsy ball head and has a proper mount for the CS monitors - rather than a bodged solution. Bit pricey though.

Strangely I much prefer the DJI mount - but it doesn't bloody work with Mavic Air remotes. :-(
Again, get a regular DJI bracket, the FlyHighUSA plate, put the bracket on the plate, boom, compatible with all remotes. If you need to move it, just take it off of the plate and put it on a phantom controller.

I love the DJI mount but I have the 5.5” screen which is taylor made for the Mavic Pro remote. The 7.85” screen is primarily suited for the Phantom Pro remote. Way too big for the Mavic remote!!

I love the DJI mount but I have the 5.5” screen which is taylor made for the Mavic Pro remote. The 7.85” screen is primarily suited for the Phantom Pro remote. Way too big for the Mavic remote!!
No it's not. I have no issues with the. 7.85" model on my Mavic Remote. You just need the right bracket.

It looks like FlyHighUSA and I had a similar idea. Here is my 3D printed mounting solution for use with the DJI Phantom CS bracket:

zp-dbtyqqe2j5vdtipktfq-jpg.40216

Thread in it is here: CS 7.85 + DJI Phantom Mount + 3D Printer = Ultimate Mount

And if you have a 3D printer and are interested in printing one I posted the design here:

DJI Mavic (AIR) CrystalSky Mount by supergimp

Reactions: AngusTex
Love my dji mount with my 7.85 hi. It’s small and discrete and does the job. I like that I can still see the lcd display on the controller while using it. Takes a little to get used to flying it with the CS attached that way, and I wish the cable wouldn’t get so squished, but other than that, why wouldn’t you like the dji Mount?

Reactions: The Ghost
Love my dji mount with my 7.85 hi. It’s small and discrete and does the job. I like that I can still see the lcd display on the controller while using it. Takes a little to get used to flying it with the CS attached that way, and I wish the cable wouldn’t get so squished, but other than that, why wouldn’t you like the dji Mount?
It's just personal preference to me, but I like the polar pro mount. The DJI one made the 7.85 too bottom heavy for me. I like it to have a more even center of gravity.

Hi All

Waylander
I highly recommend using the CS on a tripod. You can buy a CS tripod adapter from MavMount for $29.
there are many inexpensive tripods. You want one that raises up to eye level.
This takes the weight of the CS off of you, and being at eye level the tripod prevents the neck strain of looking down all the time. It also makes you look like you are a professional who has taken the time to set up equipment, so people are less likely to think negatively of your efforts.
If you choose to go this way, get a six foot long usb cord so that you are not stuck at the monitor all of the time.
The CS is a great monitor, and works very well for playback.
I have used a Nexus 7 (2013), ipad mini 4, iphone 6, and the CS is far greater a monitor...IMO

Hi All

Waylander
Appearently you've got the Mavic pro, right. To me the DJI mount adaptor is set up for the 5.5 CS monitor which would take the space of a small Ipad or smart phone. Is it to late to return it and get the 5.5 CS. With your current setup the balance is off and the monitor is just to big.

Hi Curt
Yes too late to return it, I like the 7.85" CS for its display, but in the end I too bought the PolarPro mount, and I like supergimp's setup, I have bought a used 3D printer so I think I'll print something like he has on his rig, I like the way you can just set it down on a table etc. Also if I print my own adaptor I will include a 1/4" threaded socket so that I can mount the CS on a Tri-pod.
Only one final rant though..... I have loaded the Litchi app onto the CS, but can I hell workout how to install the Autoflight AutoPilot app, anyone know how to do it.....

Keep it prop side up...... ;)
Waylander

Hi Kilrah
Ahh... well that would explain it then.!
It's a shame really, I like the Autopilot app more than Litchi, I think the mission design interface is more extensive.
Waylander

The DJI CS MP mount is great; small and discrete. PolarPro and all the others are big and bulky, take up too much room in a backpack case and take too long to set up compared to the DJI mount.
(but I’m still waiting for the M2 CS mount$

Hi Curt
Yes too late to return it, I like the 7.85" CS for its display, but in the end I too bought the PolarPro mount, and I like supergimp's setup, I have bought a used 3D printer so I think I'll print something like he has on his rig, I like the way you can just set it down on a table etc. Also if I print my own adaptor I will include a 1/4" threaded socket so that I can mount the CS on a Tri-pod.
Only one final rant though..... I have loaded the Litchi app onto the CS, but can I **** workout how to install the Autoflight AutoPilot app, anyone know how to do it.....

Keep it prop side up...... ;)
Waylander
Sorry to hear about your dilemma and I've ended up with both CS monitors (5.5 & 7.85 ultra). My first ultra burnt out due to heat after about 10 flights, DJI replaced it no charge. The 7.85 CS monitor was bought exclusively for my Inspire 2 drone, then I started looking at adding a CS monitor to my Mavic Pro and realized that the 7.85 just took away the spontaneity and compactness of the Mavic pro so I purchased the CS 5.5 monitor and believe me its a true match with the DJI mounting adaptor. Now I've moved up to the DJI Mavic Pro 2 and to my surprise the old DJI mounting adaptor won't fit the controller. I texted a message to DJI who assures
The DJI CS MP mount is great; small and discrete. PolarPro and all the others are big and bulky, take up too much room in a backpack case and take too long to set up compared to the DJI mount.
(but I’m still waiting for the M2 CS mount$
I agree 100%, I got a text message response from DJI engineering who assures me the DJI CS mounting adaptor is in the works and should be out for purchase within a month or two.

Reactions: welderstudent
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato