DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CS connection issue with Mavic Pro Platinum

Gagey52

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi Guys,
I cannot connect the CS to the Controller using the USB A on the SC and the Micro Port on the CS. All I get is the Disconnected up on the top left of the screen. I am using a sunny life holder which will not let me access the USB C port. I have removed the cable from the Micro port on the controller. Any thoughts gentlemen, what am I missing?

Hi Guys,
I cannot connect the CS to the Controller using the USB A on the SC and the Micro Port on the CS. All I get is the Disconnected up on the top left of the screen. I am using a sunny life holder which will not let me access the USB C port. I have removed the cable from the Micro port on the controller. Any thoughts gentlemen, what am I missing?

The cable should be from the USB-A port on the base of the RC to the USB-C on the top of the CS.

The other USB ports on the side of the CS are for data transfer and not for connection to the RC

I prefer to use the DJI CS mount

183203lzhmfg9b8hlwyll6 - Copy.jpg

Thanks for that I was under the impression that I could access those ports, Would have bought the DJI mounts but they are out of stock in Au

Thanks for that I was under the impression that I could access those ports, Would have bought the DJI mounts but they are out of stock in Au

What drone are you using the CS with ?

If your trying to use a CS with a Mavic Mini it won't work as the CS can't run DJI Fly

If you have a MP, MPP or Spark the official DJI Mount will be compatible, ebay has been the best source for it.
If you have a Mavic Air or MP2, then the RC jaws won't be compatible with the official DJI mounting plate, unless you swap them out for the jaws of another compatible model or use an adaptor

You could also look at a different mounting solution (note: there are different models for the MP2 and MA)

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
On my CS i use the usb in the center underneath the screen on the controller, having disconnecting the micro USB at the top left
Hi Guys,
Make sure you disconnect the micro USB on the top left of the controller

Reactions: Thomas B
I cannot connect the CS to the Controller using the USB A on the SC and the Micro Port on the CS.

You should be able to access the Crystal Sky via the micro USB port on its left side making sure the short built-in cable on the remote controller is not connected to anything. I mount my Crystal Sky on a tripod and originally had it connected that way but opted for the USB-C connection on the bottom of the CS after growing leary of the cable sticking out the side of the CS when connecting via its micro USB port---my remote controller is tethered to the monitor via a 6' cable. IMO using the USB-C connection on the bottom of the CS is much "cleaner." If you're unable to connect your CS's micro USB port to the remote controller, I would suspect either a faulty cable or a bad micro port on your CS.

I've come to rely on Anker cables widely sold on Amazon. When I had a connecting issue with another inexpensive no-name 6' cable, an Anker six-footer solved the problem.

Good luck, I know these connection issues can be maddening.

Thank you all for your assistance in this matter. I changed the sunnylife mount stem around, which then gave me access to the USB C port on the bottom of the CS. I will try a new cable for the micro, I was sure that I saw some where on these pages that you could use the micro port on the left hand side of the CS for monitoring the RC.

Regards

Gagey52

Thank you all for your assistance in this matter. I changed the sunnylife mount stem around, which then gave me access to the USB C port on the bottom of the CS. I will try a new cable for the micro, I was sure that I saw some where on these pages that you could use the micro port on the left hand side of the CS for monitoring the RC.

Regards

Gagey52
I fly mostly with my CS. Be sure to unplug the cable from the right side port on your controller before connecting the CS via the center USB on the controller and before any power up. FWIT I use the PolarPro connecting cable.

Thank you for that Thomas B. Ive ordered the PolarPro flight deck not sure if a cable comes with it. Interestingly I have three parcels on their way to me and when I Track them they all seem to be stuck in Brisbane Aus. Two are DHL and 1 AusPost. they've been there for 2 weeks, I can only assume that they are in quarantine because of the Corvid19. LOL.

Have a good day

Gagey52

Thank you for that Thomas B. Ive ordered the PolarPro flight deck not sure if a cable comes with it. Interestingly I have three parcels on their way to me and when I Track them they all seem to be stuck in Brisbane Aus. Two are DHL and 1 AusPost. they've been there for 2 weeks, I can only assume that they are in quarantine because of the Corvid19. LOL.

Have a good day

Gagey52

It doesn't include a cable unfortunately but most usb-c cables will work

Reactions: Gagey52
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member