DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CS video problems Mavic Pro

Mavic Oldie

Reactions
Hi All I really appreciate all the info that is posted. My turn to contribute.
I run ver 03.06.06.00. Ive been getting poor live video at any distance for a while. It was pixelated rolling and crappy. The video on the SD card is fine. I followed several posts on here and combined several suggestions.
1. I used an Ipad mini and all was good. So the CS is the problem.
2. I cleared CS video cache and formatted the Mavic SD Card.
3. I had loaded a few extra apps on the CS. I realized that there was not enough free space in memory. Was under 2 GB free.
4. Did a CS reset to get back to default apps. Now have 2.91GB storage space free and the video is great so far.
Do not load extra apps via APK as you will run out of space quickly and strangle the video. It needs room.
My apologies if Ive repeated already posted stuff.
Love the CS in the bright Australia sun!
John

Last edited:
Reactions: Dronason
Hi All I really appreciate all the info that is posted. My turn to contribute.
I run ver 03.06.06.00. Ive been getting poor live video at any distance for a while. It was pixelated rolling and crappy. The video on the SD card is fine. I followed several posts on here and combined several suggestions.
1. I used an Ipad mini and all was good. So the CS is the problem.
2. I cleared CS video cache and formatted the Maviv SD Card.
3. I had loaded a few extra apps on the CS. I realized that there was not enough free space in memory. Was under 2 GB free.
4. Did a CS reset to get back to default apps. Now have 2.91GB storage space free and the video is great so far.
Do not load extra apps via APK as you will run out of space quickly and strangle the video. It needs room.
My apologies if Ive repeated already posted stuff.
Love the CS in the bright Australia sun!
John
Have same issue, will try your suggestion and reset it to factory default.

I finally go the full way with firmware downgrade and upgrade, factory default for everything for RC and AC. Had only 2 flights with Mavic and CS (Ultrabright 7"), both a misery (the flights :).
CS was downgraded through the image downloaded on an SD and then finally upgraded from the internet.
First flight after that, only a little better but the CS had disconnected mid-flight and after restarting Go4 app, video was still pixelized a lot, even at short distance.
My guess it is temperature of the CS and the CPU is throttled.
Next flight was somehow better but after 15 minutes flight some pixelization and lag started again. Ambient temperature was lower than previous flight.
Started to think about cache and locking to settings, I tried to switch off recording audio. The rest of the flight was fine, maybe luck?
It really looks like the CS is at limit with temperature with nothing extra to do than Go4 app.
I will see if turning audio off improve the situation on the long term.

Dronason, Did you reset the CS operating system under settings backup & reset? The CS has a cooling fan does that run? I have the standard CS (not ultra) and the fan has run a couple of times when in hot weather only. I have not flown for a while because of wet windy weather so no further reports. Hope you get it fixed. Maybe a faulty CS. Have you tried the video fed on another ipad or iphone?

Yes, I reseted that way but it didn't change a lot. I finally somehow reflashed the current factory image on DJI web site and then there was an on-line upgrade to latest version of Go apps.
I didn't hear the fan running, it was not that warn outside but the CS get warm, but not at crazy level.
One possibility would be to avoid the online update and see with basic version how it works but there could be other issue.
Maybe the next check would be to totally disable video caching. I had the feeling that disabling audio caching helped a little.
Also trying to have lowest quality on video feedback could reduce the amount of working load for the CS.
All this to wait for a DJI update as it is not really acceptable to disable so much functionalities on a so expensive tablet. Between my ipad mini 4 and a big sunshade with zero issue and the CS with a very very nice screen but not really working as expected, the ipad give finally more confidence during the flight.

First perfect flight. :)
Was finally able to enjoy the so good screen of the CS UB7.5 and come back to home only at low battery alert.
No disconnect nor video freeze or pixelization.

Temperature was ~20°C (70°F), in the sun but the CS didn't come hot, just warm. Temperature and condition were worst than the other flights.
I had internet connection for satellite map using an USB LTE stick, so a little more power consumption than usual.

Now on the down side, I had switched off video and sound caching, but I can survive with that as it was already the case with other drones/phone/tablet.
I just hope that some update can improve that and we can really fully benefit of an expensive and totally dedicated tablet like the CS. No more need of sunshade is very nice but at that price, it sounds really expensive.
Let's hope it continue that way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada