DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Cumbres & Toltec Hosts Goose #5. Still time to ride.

Wacky roger

Reactions
The Goose stopped at Windy Point for a photo opportunity. Since they were not doing a runby I flew up to get a closer look.
To The Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4PCSPs9f0E
The Goose will be running thru the 26th so make your reservations and have a fun trip. Don't forget extra memory for your camera.
goosewindypointthumbnail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Roger , That picture is way to small to make out if that is Train or your RV on the mountain. Try posting something much bigger so we can see the details , does look like a nice picture ,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: Wacky roger
The Goose stopped at Windy Point for a photo opportunity. Since they were not doing a runby I flew up to get a closer look.
To The Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4PCSPs9f0E
The Goose will be running thru the 26th so make your reservations and have a fun trip. Don't forget extra memory for your camera.
More Goose Information:
Galloping Goose is the popular name given to a series of seven railcars (officially designated as "motors" by the railroad), built in the 1930s by the Rio Grande Southern Railroad (RGS) and operated until the end of service on the line in the early 1950s. They were derived from full-sized automobiles.

Originally running steam locomotives on narrow gauge railways, the perpetually struggling RGS developed the first of the "geese" as a way to keep its contract to run mail into towns in the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. There was not enough passenger or cargo income to justify continuing the expensive steam train service at then-current levels, but it was believed that a downsized railway would return to profitability. The steam trains would transport heavy cargo and peak passenger loads, but motors would handle lighter loads.

Motors were not only less expensive to operate, but were also significantly lighter, thus reducing impact on the rails and roadbeds. This cost saving meant that the first Goose was paid off and making a profit within three weeks of going into service. RGS built more Geese, and operated them until the company abandoned their right-of-way in 1952.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can remember my dad telling me he to run 10 miles in the snow to get to school and now someone out there was saying they had to take a train up a mountain and hoped they would not fall of a cliff. lol That is great , thank you for sharing.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb