DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Curious about cameras

Mahoosiv

Reactions
Whilst waiting for the Mavic to arrive, I started looking at the rest of my kit with a view to actually make the footage look similar, please understand that I do this for fun so its not pro kit!

If I wanted to have broadly similar colours on a GoPro as the Mavic and an iPhone (for instance), and I am post processing in Premiere but am not looking in particular for the nth degree of accuracy, is there a kind of across the board setting to use?

I've read up on LUT's etc, but got a bit confused as to what mode to actually shoot in to make best use. Is this something worth investigating further or is it simply icing an already iced cake?

Shoot the GoPro in the ProTune and the Mavic in flat mode (D-LOG, I believe). If you are using the iPhone, it does not have a flat setting, however. What you will do (what I have done) is to use the iPhone as the key, and match color to the other two based on it. then, you can cut and splice as you need to. I dont use Premiere, but there are videos out there to show you how to do that.

Make sure you are shooting the same FPS and resolution. Otherwise the video will look weird when rendered. When I get all my cameras set up, I will end up using HD @ 30 FPS, because they all support that, and that will mean it will be very easy to work with them all in the same project.

Ah thanks, with all the talk about 4k - it seemed like that was the only route.

I have a GoPro 3 (1080 max) and a Sena 10C (1080 max) that I use on my motorcycle, so they will dictate resolution and FPS when they are in use.

When I shoot with the rest of the crew, we will shoot at 4k, 24FPS, which is what the editor wants (so thats what he gets). We also only shoot DLOG, so all color grading will end up being the same across whatever camera we use (the main is a Blackmagic Cinema)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom