DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Current Fixed Wing Pilot Transition to Part 107

dart106

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi all,

I’ve been a fixed wing pilot for years and am in the transition process to a part 107 card. I’ve taken and passed the online test for part 61 pilots. The part 107 application is complete and submitted via the FAA ICARA website. On the bottom of the application there is space for either an ASI, DPE, or CFI to verify my information. Do I need to resubmit with one of those blocks filed in, or will the receiving fed accomplish that with my part 61 information provided on the top of the application? I made attempt to get guidance from the local FSDO but, was met with confusion because the “ drone expert” wasn’t a part 61 pilot and hadn’t dealt with a transition pilot like myself. Thanks in advance for your help.

Reactions: BigAl07
Hi all,

I’ve been a fixed wing pilot for years and am in the transition process to a part 107 card. I’ve taken and passed the online test for part 61 pilots. The part 107 application is complete and submitted via the FAA ICARA website. On the bottom of the application there is space for either an ASI, DPE, or CFI to verify my information. Do I need to resubmit with one of those blocks filed in, or will the receiving fed accomplish that with my part 61 information provided on the top of the application? I made attempt to get guidance from the local FSDO but, was met with confusion because the “ drone expert” wasn’t a part 61 pilot and hadn’t dealt with a transition pilot like myself. Thanks in advance for your help.

It may be different today but when I got my P107 in August of 2016 I had to go to my CFI "in person" and they had to log into their side of the system and add their credentials before mine would be processed. It took about 45 min because it was a new system and he hadn't done anything with Part 107 before (it was the same day it went LIVE). I paid an "Hour Block" of CFI time and walked out with my P107 in hand.

The good news is next time (in 24 months) it's a simple online training course and simple PASS PASS test and it's FREE.

Again may be different now but I went to the FSDO with my test results an paperwork and logbook. I had to have a current CFI written signoff of my being Part 61 current (biennial). Was very fast and simple

Reactions: BigAl07
First I got my Part 61 BFR. Then I contacted the "drone guy" at the Reno FSDO, and he knew exactly what needed to be done. It was all done virtually. I had to show him ID with my camera, but it was all quick and painless. He sent my temporary 107 cert as an attachment to an email, and the actual card (which looks way better than the Part 61 pilot license) arrived in the fullness of time.

The people at the Reno FSDO are all first class. I had to work with them on some LSA questions when LSA was new, and they were totally up to speed on that too.

TCS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998