DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Current Mini 2 owners ONLY

Since you opened this thread, then vote...

• I am a Current Mini 2 OWNER and I read this topic.

• I do NOT own a Mini 2 but i read this topic.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pretty new Mini 2 owner here and while I always prefer to have the best picture and video quality, I just can't justify spending triple the cost to get a Mini 3 Pro (I recently got the Mini 2 Fly More Combo for $375).

Reactions: Jam0ne
But most troubling for me is it is manufactured and controlled by a country that quite frankly scares the <fill in your favorite word for potty> out of me. Therefore, should I ever think of a replacement, I think I would lean toward Autel…made in America…albeit spendy.
Just FYI Autel is a Chinese company, its just that their drone division is in Washington State. EXO is a USA Co. but just partnered with Hubsan (Chinese). Parrot is a French Co. but does have an ANAFI USA drone made entirely in the USA. Skydio is 100% USA.

Last edited:
Just FYI Autel is a Chinese company, its just that their drone division is in Washington State. EXO is a USA Co. but just partnered with Hubsan (Chinese). Parrot is a French Co. but does have an ANAFI USA drone made entirely in the USA. Skydio is 100% USA.
<blush>OH CRAP</blush> Thanks for the heads up.

Currently have a Mini 2 and this will be my last consumer drone
Once my M2 pro and DJI FPV and MINI 2 are no longer serviceable I will have 2 smallish drones that I will have built without all the restrictions placed on them

I live in the middle of nowhere and can fly over many acres of farmland with permission and I don't really need GPS or attitude mode as I mainly fly in unassisted modes with my current drones any way

Never had assisted modes when I learnt to fly R/C 3D heli's and as such drones are a walk in the park compared to those even in manual mode

Too old and grumpy to keep paying for over priced restricted technology that only lets me do what it thinks I should be allowed to do

There is plenty of cheap good quality components out there to build some amazingly capable machines

Don't need 40 minutes out of a battery just give me 10 batteries of free flight at 5-6 mins a battery whilst flying FPV , Best drug ever

And I think I have more pictures taken from drones that I will ever need or know what to do with

Reactions: Jam0ne and Faster
I am a complete Noob with Drones. I started with a HS720 Crap. then Ruko F11 GIM better camera and able to handle the wind better. (Although Saturday it was kind of stragne acting) and Saturday Flew my Brand new Mini 2 for the first time. was blown away by the Mini 2. Got into drones to film my fishing and camping trips. The Mini 2 will do everything I need. So I dont think I will be getting a Mini 3 anytime. Since I am retired, and once each months bills are paid dont have too much left over for Toys...LOL Had to save for few months to get the Mini 2, But it was worth it!
Next drones might be a EXO but not sure. I just really enjoy flying. Since the Mini 2 does what I need it will be my workhorse. anything else I get will be to to fly and see what I can do with out having to worry about if I crash. I have the DJI refresh for a year so thatgives me some stress relief.

Good afternoon to all-
13.Dragons-
Like you, I started with Holystone drones- learned on them crashed them, and eventually ordered a HS600 which is actually a decent drone-just gets squirrely when sent out a ways.
When i got my first Mini 2- I knew that my Holystoning days were over. So much better control and communications from controller to drone and back, and the optics are superior. Just a better machine. My Holystones are cased up and collecting dust while I fly my Mini 2 daily.
Do you camp and fish any of the offshore islands in Mississippi? Cat Island is a really cool place, and i would love to camp, fish, and shoot some drone photos/videos there.

Good luck with your flying.

Good evening to all- Ed

@edfrombama Yeah I try to get out to the Island when the sound is somewhat calm, I only have a 16ft utility boat with 25 hp Yamaha 4 stroke. But she does ok as long as water is good. I also camp on Islands in Pascagoula River, and Family has a Camp a little farther up river. So I try to Mix things up some.

Yeah the HS600 is basiclly the same as the Ruko F11, But now that I have the Mini 2, It will be my workhorse. the others I will still play with. But dont expect them toeven compare, they just for fun now.

I love my mini 2 and am happy with it. However, if something were to happen to the mini 2 I would get mini 3. May consider Avata once it comes out.

Current Mini2 owner, but I can't seem to find much free time to fly it - I'll keep it until it dies, then maybe upgrade to the Mini 3 (or whatever the current model is).

Current Mini2 owner, but I can't seem to find much free time to fly it - I'll keep it until it dies, then maybe upgrade to the Mini 3 (or whatever the current model is).
from what I've seen, it might take a long time for the Mini 2 to die

you might be upgrading to the Mini 7 or Air 6S or Mavic 5

Current M2 owner for a little over a year. Sold the Yuneec H+ I had mainly because it was a little too complicated to fly with a lot of controls and almost not enough fingers to control flight and camera. Bought the M2 fly more combo and have been amazed at the ease of flight and camera control. Plan on using it as a travel drone although I REALLY need to practice more to get good video. I also received an Air 2S as a retirement gift earlier this year and love that one too. It is definitely an upgrade from the M2 but each has their own pros/cons. I've thought about selling both and just get the M3 since that one seems to have the best of both drones but will wait and see how the bugs get worked out with that. Overall, I'm super happy with the M2 with what I want to do with it.

Started with a Holystone, then a Mini SE and got the bug! Picked up another Holystone HS720E but after a being spoiled with the SE I shipped the 720E back too many issues. Picked up a used Mini 2 fly more combo, Ditched the SE to help fund my M3, mostly for the RC controller to ditch my Phone. Having had it for a bit, much more quieter, faster, more sensors overall very pleased with the M3P, I then picked up the Air 2S for something a bit bigger under windier conditions and got the smart controller to go with it for limited FPV flying. I am really just getting into the camera picture taking aspect so not a lot of experience in that aspect. My Mini 2 now on a smart controller and is still my go to for some quick flying, back yard etc. I usually take 2 of my drones when I go to fly at the field or elsewhere and each for different reasons. but can't go wrong with the M3P or Air2S. If worried about weight stick with the M3P otherwise go with the bigger proven Air 2S. I like each of my drones and now am considering the DJI FPV if I can get enough of a deal on that one!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143