DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Custom Settings & Modes - Enable/Cancel

Citizen Flier

Reactions
Sorry, more noob questions.
I searched online & the DJI Go 4 Manual, but can't find answers to 2 simple questions:

1 - Are there Function keys that can be configured to enable multiple custom settings as there is for better digital cameras? (My Canon 7DII has quick access F keys to enable complex often used settings). I know about the underside buttons on the Smart Controller, but I don't believe that they can be configured to enable intelligent flight modes, settings etc, like Cinematic mode with specific shutter speeds, etc. And I'm pretty sure they can't enable specific ISO, shutter & aperture settings etc.

2 I also searched & can't find the simple escape button to cancel the custom modes, i.e.: Cinematic mode. I think a specific joystick movement can do this, but not sure.

thanks

Joysticks can be configured for different modes.
Two front lower buttons can be configured for a multitude of functions but only one at a time.

Reactions: Citizen Flier
Sorry, more noob questions.
I searched online & the DJI Go 4 Manual, but can't find answers to 2 simple questions:

1 - Are there Function keys that can be configured to enable multiple custom settings as there is for better digital cameras? (My Canon 7DII has quick access F keys to enable complex often used settings). I know about the underside buttons on the Smart Controller, but I don't believe that they can be configured to enable intelligent flight modes, settings etc, like Cinematic mode with specific shutter speeds, etc. And I'm pretty sure they can't enable specific ISO, shutter & aperture settings etc.

2 I also searched & can't find the simple escape button to cancel the custom modes, i.e.: Cinematic mode. I think a specific joystick movement can do this, but not sure.
DJI GO 4 does not have a Presets feature like in high end DSLR's.

I too had trouble exiting/cancelling Intelligent Flight modes on my Smart Controller. Manual says to use the Pause button to escape. Haven't tried this yet, but probably the same for any DJI remote controller.

I find the fastest way to cancel any intelligent flight mode:
Slide the switch on the side of the RC briefly to SPORT or TRIPOD and back.
That cancels any automatic procedure, including RTH...
Thanks for that. Sounds easy enough. I searched the Go4 manual and online and am surprised that there’s no mention of how to exit intelligent flight modes. I’m guessing they want you to use RTH button. But I may want to use intelligent flight mode for just one sequence before end of flight. Is there really no mention of DJI mode exit button?

It is a good thread to ask this - i misplaced the manual somewhere and do not want to look for it. Is the a way to set on a 5 pis switch button a function to clear up screen from osd content and back - so it would have video only ? It would be helpful to have.

It is a good thread to ask this - i misplaced the manual somewhere and do not want to look for it. Is the a way to set on a 5 pis switch button a function to clear up screen from osd content and back - so it would have video only ? It would be helpful to have.
Just swipe up on the screen.

Reactions: paulatkin73
Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thanks for that. Sounds easy enough. I searched the Go4 manual and online and am surprised that there’s no mention of how to exit intelligent flight modes. I’m guessing they want you to use RTH button. But I may want to use intelligent flight mode for just one sequence before end of flight. Is there really no mention of DJI mode exit button?

The manual says under "Intelligent Flight Modes" how to cancel each one of them.
E.g. on p. 26 Quick Shots:
Screen01.jpg

Reactions: Citizen Flier
It would be a useful feature.
Since DJI are reportedly about to release a high end mirrorless digital camera they might get round to it - perhaps implementing on existing models by firmware and app revisions.

I made the mistake of looking at the Go4 user guide NOT the M2Pro manual -which does clearly state how to exit intelligent flight modes. I had assumed it was more of a software and controller issue. Using Smart Controller, M2P, with Go4 app can be confusing to differentiate where to search for operation instructions.

The manual says under "Intelligent Flight Modes" how to cancel each one of them.
E.g. on p. 26 Quick Shots:
View attachment 79375

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka