DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cycling Video with DJI Mavic Pro

dusktildawn

Reactions
Tested the DJI Mavic Pro's activetrack feature on new years eve with a friend of mine at the local cycleway in Western Sydney, unfortunately it was quite windy that afternoon so footage was limited. This is my first attempt at editing and trying to film a moving subject so its not the best.

Nice work despite the challenges. You avoided all the trees, you kept your bike in the shot enough to post a video, it's all good. I see some jello/microvibrations... if that happens with a calm day I would be worried but you said it was pretty windy so it is probably just fighting the gusts.

Reactions: dusktildawn
Thanks for the feedback, The jello effect was caused by the gimbal being dislodged from the mounts, I didn't realised this until after I searched the forum for the causes. I thought it was because of the wind as well initially.

That's a great first attempt at editing. Your on the right track. My constructive criticism would be just to eliminate the quick 1 second edits and try to have more of a storyline that flows like taking off at first then setting up position and following. It takes time and you definitely get better with practice.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

thanks for the tip, i'm looking forward to getting out and shooting better footage and hopefully a better edit. :D

thanks for the tip, i'm looking forward to getting out and shooting better footage and hopefully a better edit. :D

I'm by no means an expert that stuff just comes with practice. It's definitely fun stuff though.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hey can I throw my Chicago vid in here. I still have to learn how to edit.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs