DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

D-day

badbrain

Reactions
So, they day is nigh. I should hopefully be acquiring a Mavic Air tomorrow, or latest Tuesday. Colour of no importance. Got an official DJI store in Paris (2 actually) with tech area too for any repairs (5 day turnaround), so no excuses. Been practicing for about a month non stop on the Tello. Inside, outside, in wind, 20 m up, off balconies. Just practicing framing photos, yaw speed, and pattern flying. Hopefully be ready for the (mahoosive) step up.

Been reading multiple forums and watching numerous videos and re-reading manuals. Thank you to all posters here for your problems and solutions, has helped me immensely. Also, the small ***** “better distance/better drone” infatuation has been amusing.

I think I’m aware of all the problems and benefits pertaining to all the beginner drones. Yes, Spark, Air, and Pro all have their inherent problems and benefits. I have chosen the Air based on my specific needs/wants, no one else’s, as everyone will be slightly different. Which is why the world is all good. Some are secure in their decisions, others not so.

I just have a few extra questions. As I’m using it mainly when I cycle (hybrid = trails and roads, not proper off roading, not much banging about) and hike, what’s the best (safest) way to carry extra batteries for local transport in panniers/backpack? Padding? Separate?

Do I do the FCC hack just before the flight? After the initial set up? Gonna do it on Android and then use iPhone X to fly.

Is the new iPad good to fly with? Same price as iPad mini 4 here, at the mo. No brainier, choicewise. Might get it anyway, even if not for flying, just because. Deal.

Are the cables for media transfer to iMac included?

That’s it. Hopefully flying tomorrow. It’s pay day, a bank holiday (one of many), sunny, 25 c, and max wind gusts of 11 kmh, IOW perfect.

Either I’ll post some pix/video or a complaint about some glitch or other. I’m prepared for both, so no worries. Although I will be flying in a good (for everything) area, apparently. Echaron, near Paris, France. Look it up. Tasty for a first meal.

Thanks muchly.

Mavic Pro>Mavic Air. You chose poorly. Should have waited for a Mavic Pro 2.

Just kidding, but you were kind of asking for it by dedicating a whole section in your post to the topic.
The biggest thing with the new iPad is you will need to buy a mount for it, while you can shove the Mini 4 into the stock mount. Outside of that, it's vastly superior. It's brighter, faster, and larger.

Reactions: badbrain
You will only need to do the FCC hack once, just do it in your kitchen when you first get it. If you’ve got a camera bag with compartments just use that for your batteries, or use the rather nice bag if you’ve gone for the flymore. Enjoy your first day, you’ll love it.

Thanks both.

I know I opened myself up, but I thought I also politely closed the door, as per my personal needs/wants. I most likely will get the Pro 2 in the very near future, that’s why I opted for the “new” air now and not the “old” pro, as I will get the “new” pro instead. Argument is moot, as I will have an Air and a newer Pro than most currently compare the air too. Best of both worlds, me thinks.

I hopefully will enjoy it. Immensely.

So, the new iPad, no go? Unless with extra mount, understood. Do these interfere with the signal at all?

As an side, not sure if widely known, but besides all the big discounts on Pro’s around, DJI store said there’s an official DJI announcement in June, but don’t they don’t know the exact date.

I picked up a Lowepro 200 pack and love it. Great for hitting the road with the drone. Don’t believe the distance hate. I pack with mine all the time and drop 4K round trips no probs.

229BFA83-0F30-46EA-8FC3-1DEECE33F637.jpeg So, it has been acquired. Fly more red with extra battery.

I went with the Case Logic RBP 414, only €39, as I need a general backpack too. Mucho space/compartments and good padding. Happy for now, Lowepro for later.

Very busy and tired and so no flying today . Plus with all updates and charging and reviewing manual and videos, FCC hack and what not. Better tomorrow when not tired and rushed, as I have to travel at least 45 mins to fly. Paris is no go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird