DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Daily Story/Quiz: My fictional friend Frugal Fred

Former Member

Reactions
Frugal Fred is a fictional friend of mine. He decided to crack open his dusty wallet, which still had the original $1 bill he had earned many years ago on his first job, and go out and buy a brand new Mavic 2 Pro, with flymore kit. When it arrived, he charged everything up and then connected his 10 year old iPhone 3GS to the controller. Much to his chagrin, he found that DJI Go 4 would not work with his beloved phone. He decided to order a $25 Galaxy S5 from eBay, but again, DJI Go 4 would not work. He was angry that he had just spent $1800 on a drone but he would need to spend more money on a new device. He is in a conundrum.

Any advice for Frugal Fred?

Reactions: old man mavic
Frugal Fred is a fictional friend of mine. He decided to crack open his dusty wallet, which still had the original $1 bill he had earned many years ago on his first job, and go out and buy a brand new Mavic 2 Pro, with flymore kit. When it arrived, he charged everything up and then connected his 10 year old iPhone 3GS to the controller. Much to his chagrin, he found that DJI Go 4 would not work with his beloved phone. He decided to order a $25 Galaxy S5 from eBay, but again, DJI Go 4 would not work. He was angry that he had just spent $1800 on a drone but he would need to spend money on a new device. He is in a conundrum.

Any advice for Frugal Fred?
do some research on the product you are buying to see what other tech you will need to operate it successfully and then decide if the total cost is in your budget

Reactions: Former Member

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centrespot