Join Us Now

Air 2s Dancing Buildings in Grand Rapids

karlblessing

Gerbil Charmer Extraordinaire
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
karlblessing.com

The buildings are a little 'dance'-y despite being hovered in place. The drone relies on GPS to keep a stable fix, which isn't always accurate down to the inch, so minor movements over a timelapse shows noticeable perspective changes from one frame to the next. This effect is mostly noticible when the camera stays fixed in one place with a lot of tall structures. Doing movements or having a lot of those kind of things in the far distance, tends to minimize this effect.

This of course doesn't get fix with a warp stabilizer or perspective stabalization in either Davinci Resolve or Adobe Premiere.

The main tweak on this was to slow the original hyperlapse footage by 50%, and then use optical flow with speed warp retiming to bridge the gap to make it seem less stutter-ish like a typical timelapse. Like I've done in the video below :

versus the original footage rendered on-drone :

The buildings are a little 'dance'-y despite being hovered in place. The drone relies on GPS to keep a stable fix, which isn't always accurate down to the inch, so minor movements over a timelapse shows noticeable perspective changes from one frame to the next. This effect is mostly noticible when the camera stays fixed in one place with a lot of tall structures. Doing movements or having a lot of those kind of things in the far distance, tends to minimize this effect.

This of course doesn't get fix with a warp stabilizer or perspective stabalization in either Davinci Resolve or Adobe Premiere.

The main tweak on this was to slow the original hyperlapse footage by 50%, and then use optical flow with speed warp retiming to bridge the gap to make it seem less stutter-ish like a typical timelapse. Like I've done in the video below :

versus the original footage rendered on-drone :

Like you I am having a heck of a time in jittery and wiggly hyperlapses when I hover for a hyperlapse sunset. I've warp stabilized to the max and repeated times an still cannot get ride of the wiggle. I am not flying, which some say will help. I am in a neighborhood with trees and I cannot keep VLOS if I fly more than hover.

Dale
Miami

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS