DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.DAT files and labels

Brevanskc

Reactions
When flying recently I got a message indicating high wind velocity fly with caution and to land in a safe place ASAP. I am curious if the .DAT flight data files contain the a recorded wind velocity and if so what is the column label?

When flying recently I got a message indicating high wind velocity fly with caution and to land in a safe place ASAP. I am curious if the .DAT flight data files contain the a recorded wind velocity and if so what is the column label?
Depends on the Mavic model and, to some extent, the firmware version. If you are using CsvView or DatCon look in the AirSpeed and/or the BatteryInfo signal groups. E.g. My Mavic2 generates AirSpeed:wind_spd and BatteryInfo:wind_dir.

Another option is to use AirData.com which calculates wind data from the data in the .txt file.

Last edited:
Reactions: nafisgal
Mavic Mini DAT file, column FU "Airspeed:windSpeed", just came across it whilst looking for something else, that was processed by CsvView 4.0.4

Depends on the Mavic model and, to some extent, the firmware version. If you are using CsvView or DatCon look in the AirSpeed and/or the BatteryInfo signal groups. E.g. My Mavic2 generates AirSpeed:wind_spd and BatteryInfo:wind_dir.

Another option is to use AirData.com which calculates wind data from the data in the .txt file.
Got it.....thanks!

No they do not. Winds change with altitude... usually getting higher. Recommend if you fly in high wind that you fly out against the wind and back with it.

No they do not. Winds change with altitude... usually getting higher. Recommend if you fly in high wind that you fly out against the wind and back with it.
Not sure I understand. The wind data recorded in the .DAT is calculated from attitude, heading, direction of travel, and ground speed. It's updated every 5 secs. The Airdata algorithms are probably quite similar. Any change in wind will be reflected in the calculated wind speed and direction.

Bud,

Doesn’t the drone also use something that relates to how hard the drone has to work to achieve that velocity - either tilt angle or some motor effort like current draw?

Bud,

Doesn’t the drone also use something that relates to how hard the drone has to work to achieve that velocity - either tilt angle or some motor effort like current draw?
Yes, that's the attitude data I referred to. If acceleration is 0.0 then the air speed/direction relative to the drone can be calculated from tilt the angle and direction. Acceleration = 0.0 means that speeds are constant and thrust is not being used to change speeds. Then wind speed/direction can be derived from air speed wind/direction and ground speed wind/direction.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palaiouras