DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Data cable

coboconk

Reactions
Is the data cable on the Mavic mini the same as the spark and Mavic air 2
Trying to order a longer one but want to make sure I get the right one, they only mention spark and mavics other than the mini

Trying to order a longer one but want to make sure I get the right one, they only mention spark and mavics other than the mini

I only have a platinum and spark. But if I had to guess. I would say that it is the same. I am sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong. [emoji851]?.

Try these (they also have US distributors):

Plan B. See the picture. Note the hot glue. Any micro usb will work and you will never have to worry about a damaged port.

Attachments

• Mini OTG.jpg
    Mini OTG.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
As long as the cable is configured as OTG on the micro-USB side, it should work.

I don't recommend attaching external power to the power leads in the cable, unless you cut the power leads from the RC. The RC is already sending power when in OTG mode so forcing external power into it is not a good idea.

As long as the cable is configured as OTG on the micro-USB side, it should work.

I don't recommend attaching external power to the power leads in the cable, unless you cut the power leads from the RC. The RC is already sending power when in OTG mode so forcing external power into it is not a good idea.
Try it before opining. The picture is with the RC off. The power bank is only charging the Android phone or tablet and the phone or tablet is charging the MC by default at < 500mA, (all android devices do this and it can not be turned off). In the picture the MC shows fully charged. When the MC is turned on it goes into data mode but will still draw <500 mA from the Android device. Live and learn. I think you opined this misinformation a year ago as well. Do you even use an Android device?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78