DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

database on repairs and what parts were need to fix it.

droneuser

Reactions
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on repairs. this will help people with fixing their own Mavic :) so the more people post on what repairs were done the better the database will be :)

The guidelines for this thread are :

PLEASE DO NOT post questions asking what is wrong with yours! please use the mavic pro help forum for that.

Please try to keep the same "format" when you post! for example : ( you may copy and paste this format)

Problem :

Troubleshooting techniques:

Parts that are need for the repair:

so for example the post would look like this:

Problem : front right motor not spinning ( as you are looking from it from the top view) of course remove all props

Troubleshooting techniques: I used a volt meter to measure voltage across motor. the reading was 8 volts which is to low. I also switch it with the front left motor ( for testing purpose) and it fire right up! The ESC circuit board is ok... motor was bad!

Parts that are need for the repair: replace whole front right arm assy which comes with the motor.

as for where to get parts at @Thunderdrones is approved vender I don't think he has a web site so you may want to shoot him a private msg

Last edited:
Problem : Compass 2 Disconnected Status in Sensor State

Troubleshooting techniques: Firmware up to date, restarted both drone and radio several times. When you go to Copter / sensor state / Compass status =
Compass 2 Disconnected.

Compass 2 PC board (in the nose // Compass 2 in the tail )

wholeview-jpg.27540

Yellow = Compass2 PCB (L) and soldered connection of compass2 cable on main PCB

Full detail on how to: Mavic Pro Compass1 Compass2 Disconnected Repair

Remote Controller antenna snaps off or was faulty from birth. Normally always the left...

....Is it easy to fix or should I just buy the Alpine ?....

my eye's and hands are not good enough to solder those two minute strands of metal..hs-2014-27-a-xlarge_web.jpg

Problem : Compass 2 Disconnected Status in Sensor State

Troubleshooting techniques: Firmware up to date, restarted both drone and radio several times. When you go to Copter / sensor state / Compass status =
Compass 2 Disconnected.

Compass 2 PC board (in the nose // Compass 2 in the tail )

wholeview-jpg.27540

Yellow = Compass2 PCB (L) and soldered connection of compass2 cable on main PCB

Full detail on how to: Mavic Pro Compass1 Compass2 Disconnected Repair

Thank you for posting that info :)

Reactions: Iron-Eagle83
Problem : After a almost full speed sports mode crash into a chain link fence, no camera image, and camera does not move with controls. Camera does move freely by hand (i.e. no obvious mechanical damage). Little black plastic tab near the back of the gimbal plate is broken. Controller shows a gimbal overload error.

Troubleshooting techniques:
With the help of Drone Services Hawaii, only poking around the exterior (no unscrewing) he helped show me that at least the power ribbon was damaged. One of the connections broke off. The video ribbon also appeared to be partially pulled out because it looked extra long when comparing to a stock gimbal. This could either be the connection coming off internally and/or the video ribbon broken. He was able to find that at least one of the many video wires were broken. He mentioned that if it was just a power ribbon that seemed obvious, then ribbon replacement would be recommended to start, but since video cable seemed broken along with power ribbon, video cable is a much harder fix, so he suggested a full gimbal replacement.

Parts that are need for the repair: Replaced the entire gimbal. I did my own replacement, and was able to verify that the video cable was indeed both partially pulled out of the connection AND some of the wires were ripped in half.

Reactions: lrsn
My experience from buying 3 Mavic Pros & an MPP, 3 had been crashed, 1 mishandled in travelling as didn’t have a gimbal protector on. 1 Camera Gimbal fitted by store owner drone kept shutting down, removed Camera Gimbal & it stayed on, fitted new Camera Gimbal complete within the hr all working.
2nd one replaced Gimbal motor cable that he messed up straightened it up and refolded worked fine.
3rd one fixed MPP complete transplant into a replacement frame, used a dummy after lots of cleaning up, rebuilt Camera Gimbal video was out by colour temperature, replaced again with another I rebuilt with the Gimbal Motor cable, working.May replace Frame with a clean one later.
Last one I broke the front left vision sensor ordered a replacement today, needs the Camera Gimbal repaired as well with new video cable as well as Gimbal Motor cable. Hopefully all 4 working soon.

Mavic Pro Gimbal issue, was getting overload message. Unable to control gimbal with remote. Shipped off to Grapevine, Tx for repair. No warranty. Just paid $253. UPS delivery scheduled for this Monday ( 23rd). Good news just found out I can get a Refresh Warranty for $99 when the new one arrives. Will keep u guys posted on how things worked out

I'm back in the air, everything is lovely. Dji gave me a new Mavic Pro, even though I paid the $253 for repair. But all is well. So Far So Good!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121