DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Date & Time settings on Smart Controller

No, I've been using the Smart Controller. I might try the regular one but that will mean finding the mounting hardware and cable and ....

Frankly, DJI just needs to fix this. Come on - can't get DATE/TIME stamps correct!!!

Hi

I asked to check with regular remote
To check if it is SC problem
Or something more major witch involved
Drone electronic also

Once I updated to the 0400 firmware the system clock on the controller started to flake out. It will reset itself or not keep correct time and zone - will not reliably get clock data from sync. Pictures taken with Mavic 2 pro all have the same date regardless of when taken.

Reactions: ff22
I'm having same issue. I flew today and all flight records are dated 01/18/2013... using Smart Controller.
Go onto the controller setting and update your date and time - then turn it off and on - see if it resets to the 2013 date.
Some people might be synced with their phone so they are being reset automatically - which is why they might not see it

Also please email DJI support - so the realize its the firmware and not a specific controller failure - so far they dont seem to acknowledge it.

Reactions: RogueLobo
Go onto the controller setting and update your date and time - then turn it off and on - see if it resets to the 2013 date.
Some people might be synced with their phone so they are being reset automatically - which is why they might not see it

Also please email DJI support - so the realize its the firmware and not a specific controller failure - so far they dont seem to acknowledge it.
Thank for the work around, much appreciated. Will try it tomorrow and I will post on DJI Support as well.

The only work around I found is to connect the Smart Controller to your phones hot-spot while flying the controller then embeds the correct data
Also, instead of requiring hotspot, you can reset date/time in settings (be sure to uncheck automatic time) after powering on and before you do anything else, including flight.

Still sucks, I know...
I have 3 wks of flight records all showing that same date/approx time as many many other SRC users (Jan 18th, 2013 @ 3:50)

Side note: Could this be somehow related to the recent GPS Clock count reset that happened Apr 6th, 2019? Just a thought?

DJI, where ya at! You guys are always quick to sell your overpriced gear but always SLOW to fixing it, IF EVER!

Hi guys, it‘s October and I still have this problem with all firmware updated to the latest versions. Does anyone else still have this problem. Date is always correct but the time jumps ahead 1 hour everytime I turn on the SC. When I correct the time in settings and go back to Go4 screen, I only see black instead of the life feed from the camera. All the other elements of the UI are there and everything else works, just no live feed. When I shut the controller and turn it back on, everything is back to normal, but the time is 1 hour ahead again. Very frustrating and not the performance I‘d expect from 700 Euro controller.

The 1 hour jumping has been there with mine from day 1. Latest firmware does not fix. If you leave it off a few days the error will increase to as much as 5 hours.

For now I just go into settings each time I power on and fix the time.

Personally I feel many folks have this problem but are not checking the time or don’t care.

Paul C

Good to know that it appears newer ones have it fixed. There was a period of time, around 2 months earlier this year where the SC was not available. Odds are they made a hard EC fix. Typical for such devices. Fixes issue going forward.

Mine has the option to get time from wifi, as long as that is enabled time is OK. So if you turn it on near a wifi connection you can get to, time will be correct. If you turn it on in the woods, where no wifi is available mine will be wrong.

Paul C

Thanks for the replies!
But I cannot imagine this to be a hardware problem. It should be fixable in software. The drone has a GPS receiver that has to receive correct information from satellites, otherwise return to home would not work. Part of the GPS information is the accurate time (GPS is completely based on time information), date and the timezone. It should be able to embed the correct information into the meta data of the photos. For me as a former software developer this is very embarrassing for DJI. But that is just me and my crazy 2 cents ;-)

My SC is about a month old and had some wonky setup at first. First power up it had me pick region, time zone (actually had one for AZ which shocked me), time and date were good. Had to do a factory reset of controller to start fresh for Google aps, play store and maps install. Set time manually and have not had a single issue to date. I don't use network for time and haven't changed it, tried 4.0.16, 4.0.24, and now 4.0.25..

Agree about Tiger's comment as a developer that there are many improvements potentially available. Time from gps would be very nice and time to market vs. feature content was always a battle where I was at. It would be great to see what "feature" related content vs. bug fixes are on the roadmap..

2/7/2021 and still no fix to this issue. Time and date say Jan 18th 2013 2am. Everything I startup the controller. Sometimes after a manual time and sate reset the images still show the wrong date! WTH DJI get this fixed PLEEEEAAASSEEEE!

Very interesting
I checked and I have same problem
Try put date and time in manual mode
Same problem
I think this is software problem related to
System clock. DJI will fix it probably with next
Firmware update but we can use SC any way
So let’s wait for next update
I recalibrated Compass and IMU and that took care of my date and time problem.
Shows correct now on Mini4 pro

This controller is my stock remote. :(

I might have to download Adobe Bridge and start easily time correcting all my footage. I think it is free or free if you have one of thier main products.
There are a number of Windows utilities that allow bulk renaming and editing of file information, including date and time that can be downloaded free or at reasonable costs. That would be a much quicker way to deal with a lot of files. Try a search for bulk file rename utility. I'm away from my desktop computer so I'm unable to look up the name of the utility I've used.

There are a number of Windows utilities that allow bulk renaming and editing of file information, including date and time that can be downloaded free or at reasonable costs. That would be a much quicker way to deal with a lot of files. Try a search for bulk file rename utility. I'm away from my desktop computer so I'm unable to look up the name of the utility I've used.
Irfanview is a great tool. You can do light editing of video and stills. Also, bulk renaming along with EXIF editing.

Irfanview is a great tool. You can do light editing of video and stills. Also, bulk renaming along with EXIF editing.
Yes, indeed. That's a great suggestion. I'm a long-time Irfanview user and fan. For simple editing, I rely on it rather than Photoshop or Lightroom; it's very quick to load.

The batch conversion/rename feature is great for renaming and doing format and size conversions for image files. I don't think it handles renaming for other file types.

www.irfanview.com - free download (Windows)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22