DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Date & Time settings on Smart Controller

Zigman

Reactions
With my new just out of the box smart controller I went through the activitation process OK and continued to set up everything including the current date and time in my area, California, Pacific Daylight Time. Once all set up is complete including the firmware successfully up dated as well, each time I power down the controller the current date and time reverts back to January 2018 with the time somewhere near 12:00AM. I've reset it several times and the same happens, what am I missing?

Reactions: Mavco
Is there a strangely placed “confirm” or “save settings” button on that screen or on any of the screens if you back out of the settings on the same path rather that just exiting the page?

Each setting you need to check OK or cancel. Still not sure what's going on.

Each setting you need to check OK or cancel. Still not sure what's going on.

Very interesting
I checked and I have same problem
Try put date and time in manual mode
Same problem
I think this is software problem related to
System clock. DJI will fix it probably with next
Firmware update but we can use SC any way
So let’s wait for next update

Yes I just ran into this myself. The time is all wonky. Manual settings sometimes reset to January 2018 sync with network doesn't take into account daylight savings time and sometimes and also resets back to January 2018. It is not super important but it sure is freaking annoying.

Yes I just ran into this myself. The time is all wonky. Manual settings sometimes reset to January 2018 sync with network doesn't take into account daylight savings time and sometimes and also resets back to January 2018. It is not super important but it sure is freaking annoying.

Yes. We can survive with this problem
Definitely it will be fixed probably next firmware
Update

The date of files that I transferred from the drone to the SC all have the same wrong date.

They all show

Jan 18, 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This throws off my backup and archiving scheme and is a real pain in the rear.

The date of files that I transferred from the drone to the SC all have the same wrong date.

They all show

Jan 18, 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This throws off my backup and archiving scheme and is a real pain in the rear.

Hi
They have problems with system clock
For now every time when you turn on
SC you need set clock and calendar
I hope they will fix it soon

Really glad I am not alone on this! Just a few days ago I sent a bunch of screenshots to DJI support, showing image dates off by a day and flight logs from 2013. Waiting for reply. Thank you for the work-around greg6032.

Sounds like an option. Do you need to keep a constant connection or possibly only when you power on the SC?

Hi
You will need set time and calendar
All the time when you turn on your
SC and it will keep correct time till you will turn
It off
It is does not matter if you connect to internet
Or not

Hi
It off
Or not
That is not my experience. In SC Android settings I have Automatic Date and Time set to on. When the SC establishes an internet connection, whether it is my home wifi or phone hotspot, date and time are correctly set. I check the wifi connection as part of my pre-flight checklist. Sometimes it does not connect automatically, and if I am using the hotspot, I need to take the phone out of my pocket until the SC connects and gets an IP address. I imagine if you are in an area with poor or no cellular service, this would fail to set time/date, so looks like a bug.

Hi
It off
Or not

If you have the sync option on it will grab the correct time when you connect to the internet. Still a pain.

It is a bug and needs to be FIXED. Actually, i think THEY ARE BUGS. Not only do some files show that 2013 date but some of yesterday's files also show March 8, 2019. And YESTERDAY was not March 8. I flew yesterday and these are the file listings.DJI Date error.jpg

Here's a look.

Okay, I wanted the individual images from each pan set so I hooked the usb to the drone. All the pictures and videos I took yesterday March 20, 2019 have the same date as the last images I shot - March 8, 2019. That's on the drone and not as copied over to the SC. So the drone also has the wrong date but not the 2013 date!!! Even the folders the Pan sets are in have the March 8 date.

It really is wreaking havoc with my filing scheme. Also, I have lost the original time/date stamp for all of these images. Yup, even the EXIF date is wrong!!!! Pictures/video recorded yesterday, March 20, 2019 also show EXIF date of March 8, 2019!

Last edited:
Okay, I wanted the individual images from each pan set so I hooked the usb to the drone. All the pictures and videos I took yesterday March 20, 2019 have the same date as the last images I shot - March 8, 2019. That's on the drone and not as copied over to the SC. So the drone also has the wrong date but not the 2013 date!!! Even the folders the Pan sets are in have the March 8 date.

It really is wreaking havoc with my filing scheme. Also, I have lost the original time/date stamp for all of these images. Yup, even the EXIF date is wrong!!!! Pictures/video recorded yesterday, March 20, 2019 also show EXIF date of March 8, 2019!

Hi ff22

I understand your frustration
Did you try to fly your drone with stock remote
If so, do you have same problem?

Hi ff22

This controller is my stock remote. :(

I might have to download Adobe Bridge and start easily time correcting all my footage. I think it is free or free if you have one of thier main products.

Hi ff22

No, I've been using the Smart Controller. I might try the regular one but that will mean finding the mounting hardware and cable and ....

Frankly, DJI just needs to fix this. Come on - can't get DATE/TIME stamps correct!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan