DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Desktop flight planning software for Mavic 2 Pro w/ Smart controller?

farmerdronie

Reactions
First time here and I've searched this numerous times, but perhaps I'm missing my answer somewhere.

I have an M2P with the smart controller. I'd really like to find a desktop flight planner as waypoints on the controller itself sucks. I've read in several places that such software isn't supported on the smart controller for the M2P, but I've seen others claim it is.

I've seen Litchi come up a bunch. Some places have said they've made it work, others have said that downloading the app to the SC will brick it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Both the drone & controller are fully updated.

Thanks.

Reactions: RodPad and GFields
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I don't have the smart controller so I am unable to answer your question. But others here who do may be able to chime in.

Reactions: RodPad
Welcome to the Forum!

I can't state anything on Litchi and what your flying.

For waypoint missions, looking and editing on a desktop.
Litchi is my Yes!

Rod ..

Litchi?

You can play on the hub, I ran this one with a P3A.
I can show the video if you want proof.

Most important is you can play all you want, even with mine, but you can't save without a Litchi account

Rod ..

Crap, I'm glad I never said it started at my house. :rolleyes:

Litchi?

You can play on the hub, I ran this one with a P3A.
I can show the video if you want proof.

Most important is you can play all you want, even with mine, but you can't save without a Litchi account

Rod ..

Crap, I'm glad I never said it started at my house. :rolleyes:
Can Litchi work on the M2P smart controller?I read elsewhere that it'd brick the controller.

You might consider Drone Deploy or Dronelink . Two software suites that offer some nice pro Results.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
I had looked into drone deploy before but they don't have a direct install for the smart controller. When looking into it based on your comment, I came across this guy, who explains how to install DJI Pilot PE onto the smart controller even though its supposed to be for enterprise drones.

Now that I have Pilot installed, it appears that I can use drone deploy or other similar services to generate a kmk file that can be loaded into pilot and then flown with my Mavic 2. Haven't had a chance to actually generate the flight plan and test the entire process, but I can connect to the drone via Pilot, so I'm optimistic that this might work.

@farmerdronie
"Can Litchi work on the M2P smart controller?I read elsewhere that it'd brick the controller."
Well I cant answer the question.

But on Litchi two members I can think of right now.
Can answer that question.

Rod ..

I've been running litchi on the smart controller with my Mavic 2 Zoom for at least 3 years and it works perfectly. I downloaded it from the Amazon Appstore which was on the smart controller right from DJI when I got it. If the Appstore isn't on yours it can easily be downloaded and installed on any android device. I've also updated it several times over the years through my Appstore account. After you install the latest RID firmware to your Mavic 2, you need to have the latest version of litchi as well so it all works. That won't be a problem if you're just downloading it now because you'll obviously get the latest version right away. It's a great program with the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. You can setup missions on the litchi mission hub, preview the mission on Google Earth Pro if you want, and then download the mission into your smart controller and run it.

I've been running litchi on the smart controller with my Mavic 2 Zoom for at least 3 years and it works perfectly. I downloaded it from the Amazon Appstore which was on the smart controller right from DJI when I got it. If the Appstore isn't on yours it can easily be downloaded and installed on any android device. I've also updated it several times over the years through my Appstore account. After you install the latest RID firmware to your Mavic 2, you need to have the latest version of litchi as well so it all works. That won't be a problem if you're just downloading it now because you'll obviously get the latest version right away. It's a great program with the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. You can setup missions on the litchi mission hub, preview the mission on Google Earth Pro if you want, and then download the mission into your smart controller and run it.
Is downloading the app store a requirement? Could I just login to amazon via the web browser and download it from there?

Is downloading the app store a requirement? Could I just login to amazon via the web browser and download it from there?
I believe the Appstore app has to be on the device, and you simply log into the Appstore app with the same ID & Password you use on Amazon for everything else. The Appstore on your device (in this case smart controller) also checks your app you download and keeps them up to date or lets you know they need updating. There's no downside to having the Appstore on the device. It takes up very little space and simply uses your Amazon account for any app purchases. They don't have anywhere near as much stuff as playstore does, but have always had litchi on it. Kudos to litchi for that because installing playstore on the smart controller is a major challenge.

Reactions: farmerdronie
@farmerdronie

You need the app on mobile device.
It's a one time charge.
Andriode is in the Play Store
crApple is in the App Store, its what I use.
Amazon doesn't need to be involved.

This charge is by type of device.
Anybody can use the hub, you can't save the mission, without an account.

You can't fly a Litchi Mission with out installed on the mobile device.

Rod ..

@farmerdronie
You did open the link on #4 with a computer, so you see a very simple mission?

I created and ran it.
I have the video, that I can share with you.

Rod ..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas