DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DaVinci Resolve time to render

bushie

Reactions
I recently downloaded DaVinci Resolve 15 and tried to do an edit with it.

I have previously used Premier Pro CS4 for many years and it is not a great leap to using DaVinci, but one thing I don't understand is the length of time DaVinci takes to do a render.

A clip that would take an hour or so with PP seems to take many hours with DaVinci. Admittedly I am using an old computer and need to upgrade at some time but thought the time to render/export using the two packages would be similar, not orders of magnitude different.

The raw film is shot with my MP and I am not using 4K

Any suggestions?

Does Resolve take advantage of GPUs? If not, that might be your problem. If it does, you may need to find the setting menu that allows you to tell it to.

You might check at how many Mbps (megabits per second) you are rendering. I'm guessing you are rendering at a much higher bit-rate in DaVinci than you were in PP ~ ergo, the time difference.

I have my render speed adjusted to maximum in Davinci Reslve Black Magic 15 Beta, and it's by far a faster machine at rendering than my Premiere Pro software. But, because I built my own desktop using hand picked components, I haven't seen any hardware bottlenecks to date in either program. As an example, here's a condensed list of my hardware choices:
CPU:Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
GPU:nVidia Quadro P5000
RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 3600MHz
Monitor:LG 43" 4K monittor
IMO, at the end of the day, hand picking your components and building a specialized desktop is the only way to fly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada