DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

day flight Turkey-manisa saruhanlı

day flight
I turned this one off after 41 seconds of seeing intolerable jerky pan moves. Unwatchable. These were awful in the first opening shots- It is necessary to pan SLOWLY- smoothly, and to fit out these quick jerky movements.

Reactions: W2EJ and ammar
I turned this one off after 41 seconds of seeing intolerable jerky pan moves. Unwatchable. These were awful in the first opening shots- It is necessary to pan SLOWLY- smoothly, and to fit out these quick jerky movements.

I will pay attention to what you say :))

My friend go into settings in your remote and you will be able to make changes to make your video much more pleasing to watch, if you are unsure what to do there are lots of how to do videos in tube and after that you will enjoy flying and your videos much more. Safe flying.

Reactions: ammar
Hi Ama:

Love Turkey- drove all over the country several years ago. Istanbul is amazing. I did not mean to be harsh, but as far as using the left stick for yawing right and left, I would try to position the drone camera before recording. If there is a need to correct the image, do it as slowly as possible. Also, check the settings on the YAW stick to make them as slow as possible.The factory settings are too fast. There are great videos on how to do this. Finally, in post-production, edit out all quick yaws. Here are 4 videos from people I respect on how to slow down the yaw. Google MAvic 2 pro settings for YAW.

I hope this will help you.

Dale
Miami

.Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 1.01.53 PM.png

Hi Ama:

Love Turkey- drove all over the country several years ago. Istanbul is amazing. I did not mean to be harsh, but as far as using the left stick for yawing right and left, I would try to position the drone camera before recording. If there is a need to correct the image, do it as slowly as possible. Also, check the settings on the YAW stick to make them as slow as possible.The factory settings are too fast. There are great videos on how to do this. Finally, in post-production, edit out all quick yaws. Here are 4 videos from people I respect on how to slow down the yaw. Google MAvic 2 pro settings for YAW.

I hope this will help you.

Dale
Miami

.View attachment 98728

Hi thoughtful Dale.....thank you for fleshing out your 'direct' comments (for a moment I thought uh- oh Dale has caught IT...Cabin Fever!). After applying these settings, does it improve YAW to not control by the top of the stick but to kind of lean on it with ones digit planted at the base to effect a consistent controlled movement?
Awaiting your reply mate from Down Under.

Hi thoughtful Dale.....thank you for fleshing out your 'direct' comments (for a moment I thought uh- oh Dale has caught IT...Cabin Fever!). After applying these settings, does it improve YAW to not control by the top of the stick but to kind of lean on it with ones digit planted at the base to effect a consistent controlled movement?
Awaiting your reply mate from Down Under.

It's 11 PM here in Miami but I am still up.

For sure I have cabin fever. Who doesn't? Yes, I have been reading a few things on this forum about controlling the sticks "thumbs vs pinch." I think there was something yesterday. I am not that sophisticated with the joy sticks, but I do know that the way the drone comes from the factory exaggerates all of the controls and the YOUTUBE videos I have recommended show ways of tamping down and smoothing out those extreme moves. Since I have done these, my stick controls are smoother. I am personally using the EXP, Throttle, and YAW adjustments of VicVideoPic which work smoothly for me.

Here are some of the settings;
touch the three dots...>go to gimbal icon which looks like a camera>Max gimbal pitch speed 8, smoothness 10, gimbal pitch speed off. (factory defaults were pitch 20, smoothness 15,
touch the three dots...>go the first icon (looks like a drone)>go the Advanced Settings (scroll way down)>EXP. My factory settings were 0.50/0.10/0.50 I have turned them down to 0.35/0.10/0.40. (controls maximum panning speed).
Brake gain 10
YAW sensitivity 50

Watch the Vic VideoPIC video . I watched it 2-3 times and actually stopped and started it over and over and transcribed it.

By the way-also loved Sydney, Stopped there for 3 days on our way to Papua New Guinea.

Good night!

Dale

It's 11 PM here in Miami but I am still up.

For sure I have cabin fever. Who doesn't? Yes, I have been reading a few things on this forum about controlling the sticks "thumbs vs pinch." I think there was something yesterday. I am not that sophisticated with the joy sticks, but I do know that the way the drone comes from the factory exaggerates all of the controls and the YOUTUBE videos I have recommended show ways of tamping down and smoothing out those extreme moves. Since I have done these, my stick controls are smoother. I am personally using the EXP, Throttle, and YAW adjustments of VicVideoPic which work smoothly for me.

Here are some of the settings;
touch the three dots...>go to gimbal icon which looks like a camera>Max gimbal pitch speed 8, smoothness 10, gimbal pitch speed off. (factory defaults were pitch 20, smoothness 15,
touch the three dots...>go the first icon (looks like a drone)>go the Advanced Settings (scroll way down)>EXP. My factory settings were 0.50/0.10/0.50 I have turned them down to 0.35/0.10/0.40. (controls maximum panning speed).
Brake gain 10
YAW sensitivity 50

Watch the Vic VideoPIC video . I watched it 2-3 times and actually stopped and started it over and over and transcribed it.

By the way-also loved Sydney, Stopped there for 3 days on our way to Papua New Guinea.

Good night!

Dale
Comprehensive and most helpful. May tomorrow be a brighter day for all.
Cheers mate from Down Under

My friend go into settings in your remote and you will be able to make changes to make your video much more pleasing to watch, if you are unsure what to do there are lots of how to do videos in tube and after that you will enjoy flying and your videos much more. Safe flying.
thanks for advice sir

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre