DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Daylight still image quality: Mavic Pro v. Phantom 4 Pro

floyd

Reactions
Seems all the reviews of still image quality between the Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro indicate the Phantom 4 Pro, with its larger sensor, provides the best quality still images. BUT, I noticed many of these reviews cite light levels being a huge deciding factor. Many reviewers said the Phantom 4 Pro had a better low-light still image.

Since I'm too scared to fly at night, night photography will not be an issue. So I'm wondering if the difference in still-image quality between the two cameras is as dramatic or even noticeable (when printed at, say, a 16 x 20 photograph) when the amount of light allows for a properly exposed image at 100ASA with a 1/60th shutter speed.

Thoughts?
Experiences?
Opinions?

The Phantom 4 Pro is better in every aspect of photography and video. It has a mechanical shutter and a vastly superior sensor, and every video you see of them side-to-side shows that it's better. And when it comes to lower-light levels, it becomes blatantly obvious that the P4P is superior because you don't try to fight a losing battle with a tiny sensor and trying to compensate with filters and post-editing.

What the Mavic has going for it is that it gets good footage for the sensor it uses, which is why it's a favorite: it's small, light, and easy to bring along while still getting pretty good footage. But, that's the end of that. If you don't care about the portability, and all you care about is the quality of your shots, the P4P wins.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada