DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Days set to discharge

Thomas Fields

Reactions
Since the number of days before battery discharge begins can be set, I don't know the best setting for battery life. I understand the consideration as to when I will next fly the drone, but I'm concerned with the health of the battery.
I would very much appreciate your advice.

If I’m not going to be flying for awhile, I set them to discharge in a 3 day time frame or I drain them while flying to 50% and leave them until I plan on flying. That day I will charge them up prior to leaving or charge them the night before. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Flycaster
If I’m not going to be flying for awhile, I set them to discharge in a 3 day time frame or I drain them while flying to 50% and leave them until I plan on flying. That day I will charge them up prior to leaving or charge them the night before. Hope that helps.
Thank you.

No problem. From my understanding, it’s not good for the chemistry of the cells to sit fully charged for a long time. I have had my batteries on this plan for >1 yr and the cell readouts are still the same and have had no loss of performance. I think 3 days is a nice gradual... not too slow....not too quick time to discharge time.

No problem. From my understanding, it’s not good for the chemistry of the cells to sit fully charged for a long time. I have had my batteries on this plan for >1 yr and the cell readouts are still the same and have had no loss of performance. I think 3 days is a nice gradual... not too slow....not too quick time to discharge time.
Thank you. Both responses advise 3 days and that makes good sense.

DJI now defaults it to 5 days. That is what I use as I figure they know best!

DJI now defaults it to 5 days. That is what I use as I figure they know best!
Hmmm! But they are selling the batteries, right? Just kidding!

The default has been 10 days for years. It's only the M2 that the default was changed to 5 days, and that was a knee-jerk reaction to the swelling batteries epidemic, most manufactured 7-8/2018.

Reactions: Flycaster

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scATC1001