DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

De-flicker preset profile by Neat Video

If you adjust the colour settings exposure etc on the lut layer you're changing the lut so no point using it.
What you can do is have 2 adjustment layers with the top one the lut and the one underneath that the "colour grading layer" which in turn leaves the footage as is.
In my usage of luts there hasn't been one video i could drop one on and be happy with,they all need a little work,be that exposure ,contrast blah blah.
The idea of luts i believe is to make colour grading easier but not perfect out of the box.
If it over or underexposed you still have to change the exposure no matter the lut.
Its all practice and its so effin frustrating i know, but google and youtube plus time and patience will get you where you need to be.

I can't download that video here at work but when i get home i'll give it a quick spin to see what i can come up with BUT as i've said before not an expert, just helping out.

If you adjust the colour settings exposure etc on the lut layer you're changing the lut so no point using it.
What you can do is have 2 adjustment layers with the top one the lut and the one underneath that the "colour grading layer" which in turn leaves the footage as is.
In my usage of luts there hasn't been one video i could drop one on and be happy with,they all need a little work,be that exposure ,contrast blah blah.
The idea of luts i believe is to make colour grading easier but not perfect out of the box.
If it over or underexposed you still have to change the exposure no matter the lut.
Its all practice and its so effin frustrating i know, but google and youtube plus time and patience will get you where you need to be.

I can't download that video here at work but when i get home i'll give it a quick spin to see what i can come up with BUT as i've said before not an expert, just helping out.
That is kind of confusing. You are not suppose to adjust the LUT whatsoever, but you adjust the actual footage itself and that will make the LUT look different?

I'm probably doing something wrong, but the ICARUS LUTS from what I've seen do not make the footage look natural and that is kind of my goal. Perhaps I should also upload an over exposed shot and see if you can do anything with that because that shot was impossible to work with and the raw footage doesn't look horrible or anything, but as soon as you apply the LUT it looks like a cartoon.

Here mate i've made a quick (lol 8 minutes quick ) where i very very quickly edited your footage, you can see what i do even if its confusing.
Things to note
#1 on your footage at the beginning and end i messed up in neat video by using the wrong profile ,2.7k profile instead of 4k profile (muscle memory from always doing 2.7k), and i rushed neat video so i've been too agressive on the noise reduction. See bottom of footage around the trees,all blurry.
#2 its not actually that bad i messed up as you can then see how crap it looks if you rush it and or use wrong profiles.
#3 as long as your final video looks good to you then thats all that matters.no matter how you get there.
#4 if it looks laggy/jerky its cos i used camstudio to record my desktop,won't be using it again.its quite rubbish.

Apart from that mate theres not much else i can help you with, just watch what i do maybe or search the youtubes for premiere pro stuff.

Here mate i've made a quick (lol 8 minutes quick ) where i very very quickly edited your footage, you can see what i do even if its confusing.
Things to note
#1 on your footage at the beginning and end i messed up in neat video by using the wrong profile ,2.7k profile instead of 4k profile (muscle memory from always doing 2.7k), and i rushed neat video so i've been too agressive on the noise reduction. See bottom of footage around the trees,all blurry.
#2 its not actually that bad i messed up as you can then see how crap it looks if you rush it and or use wrong profiles.
#3 as long as your final video looks good to you then thats all that matters.no matter how you get there.
#4 if it looks laggy/jerky its cos i used camstudio to record my desktop,won't be using it again.its quite rubbish.

Apart from that mate theres not much else i can help you with, just watch what i do maybe or search the youtubes for premiere pro stuff.

So just to make sure I am understanding this correctly... Apply the LUT to the adjustment layer and then make all changes to the actual footage and also apply neat video to the actual footage. Do you ever change the opacity of the adjustment layer? I saw Peter Mckinnon do that and I believe it was to lessen the effect of the LUT, but I am not sure how that is different than just simply lowering the intensity of the LUT?

i never change the opacity,not saying its wrong or right there's just multiple ways to it all, i just choose not to.
whatever looks good to you is all that matters.
yes to adjustments and neat video on footage. thats how i do it anyhoo.
pretty sure lowering intensity is the same thing like you said.

i never change the opacity,not saying its wrong or right there's just multiple ways to it all, i just choose not to.
whatever looks good to you is all that matters.
yes to adjustments and neat video on footage. thats how i do it anyhoo.
pretty sure lowering intensity is the same thing like you said.
Yea I'm not sure if it is just my taste or what, but if I don't lower the opacity the ICARUS LUTS make the colors look like a cartoon world lol. You want your Lumetri scopes spaced out as evenly as possible with the majority of everything being in the midtones correct?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead