DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dead mavic?

Mr Grinch

Reactions
I just purchased a mavic fly more combo Friday from a private owner. When I purchased it one battery was giving an error ever other two we fine. Took of and hovered no problem. So I took out home and did research. One DJI thread the employee recommended draining the battery to 0% and recharge. I did this last night.battery at 0% and put it on the charger. Everything was working fine last night. Take one of the good batteries and plug it in turn on the ac and the bird makes a faint weird clucking and refuses to connect to either the controller or my pc. The pc keeps making the connected device then a second later disconnected device sound.

Is there anything I can do? What changed overnight that would have liked it's? When discharging I only went a little at a time monitoring the temp of the ac never got a overheat this morning it's getting rather warn and no fan is coming on in the ac like it was yesterday.

Also this ad has around 2 hours flight time total.

Try the third battery.
I saw a thread/video that the battery board in the AC can go bad. Easily and inexpensively replaced if you can solder.

Try the third battery.
I saw a thread/video that the battery board in the AC can go bad. Easily and inexpensively replaced if you can solder.
If the battery board goes bad the ac wouldn't let up at all right? It powers up but won't connect to the controller and at least two batteries are fine.

I'm not sure if this makes a difference as I didn't notice it when I first purchased the ac buy now when I turn it off the led closest to the power button blinks rapidly as it shuts down.

Ok...let’s start over and get more information...

1. Have ANY of your batteries been fully charged (4 solid lights) prior to installing in the aircraft?

2. Since you are new to DJI drones, you are aware you press the battery power button once briefly, then hold it down for a second or two to power it up?

3. If the LED closest to the power button just flashes a couple of time when you bump the power button it is likely <5% charged...did you put this battery on the charger for about 90 minutes? If so, what did the LEDs on the battery indicate?

Here is a quick reference page with aircraft and battery LED meanings:

DJI Mavic System And Battery Lights Reference Cards | 9 To 5 DRONE | All the DJI News & Rumors

Reactions: Turn11 and vjslof
Ok...let’s start over and get more information...

1. Have ANY of your batteries been fully charged (4 solid lights) prior to installing in the aircraft?

2. Since you are new to DJI drones, you are aware you press the battery power button once briefly, then hold it down for a second or two to power it up?

3. If the LED closest to the power button just flashes a couple of time when you bump the power button it is likely
Here is a quick reference page with aircraft and battery LED meanings:

DJI Mavic System And Battery Lights Reference Cards | 9 To 5 DRONE | All the DJI News & Rumors
Ok 1.) All batteries were fully charged before putting them in the aircraft one battery showed an error before I bought it I was trying to see if it could be revived using things that DJI employees had said elsewhere.

2.) I'm new to the mavic not to DJI I own a phantom 2 and phantom 3 pro. The single blinking light by the power button is during shutdown not startup. The bird powers up then makes a faint clicking from the back that I hadn't heard before that continues until I shut it down. The internal fan isn't kicking on anymore and the rear led goes through what I believe is normal boot up blinking then blinks green a few times and finally goes to constant yellow blinking indicating no connection to the controller.

All right, I seriously have no idea what is going on with this bird. Turned it on fussed with binding no joy. I'm sitting here with the ac on and the controller on next thing I know the fan on the ac kicks on and it connects. So still have the battery issue and the DJI go 4 am tells me 2 cells at 4.27 the third is at 4.13. I'm guessing the battery is fried.

The battery board also also is involved with communicating with the battery for status. If all your batteries are reporting the same problem, it may be that board.

My M2 battery blinks only one of its LEDs during shutdown. Yours sounds normal.

The battery board also also is involved with communicating with the battery for status. If all your batteries are reporting the same problem, it may be that board.

My M2 battery blinks only one of its LEDs during shutdown. Yours sounds normal.
Yeah only one battery is showing the error and it looks line a .13v variation between cells 1 and 2 and cell 3. Cell 3 appears to be lower and if I understand the blinking right, when charging that battery it gives an overcharge error.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu